A massive failure

We arrived at the parking lot that led to the hiking trail that we had to follow to arrive at the camp of the pack. I only wish for one thing, to leave the forest before nightfall, having no desire to find myself face to face with werewolves under the effect of the full moon. Stefan lifted Ray and I opened the walk, determined not to make the conversation, unlike my cousin. I could perceive the young vampire's sullen air without him speaking.When we arrived at the camp, Sutton woke up. It was a hilarious drama and the reaction of his pack made the situation even more fun and I had to restrain myself not to burst out laughing.

"It takes human blood to keep your friend Ray from dying," Klaus said.

As no member moves. I take the initiative and walk towards the group, I walk through them and then I feel it. A little further to my left was a young human. Her boyfriend was standing in front of her to protect her. I looked at him and it only took a few seconds for him to fall to his knees holding his head with his hands. I grab the girl's arm, force her to get up and bring it to Sutton. I hypnotize the girl so she doesn't run away and bite the inside of her wrist to make her bleed. I had to admit surprise, because Ray resisted the intoxicating smell of blood while he was in transition, amazing. The Young Salvatore seemed more hungry for the girl than Sutton, I hope he'll know how to restrain himself. I then went to sit on a log around the round of fire uninterested in the subsequent events. Stefan says something to Ray about the girl and his lack of control which had an effect since Sutton bit her and completed his transition. Klaus had his first hybrid. My cousin made a speech to the rest of the pack that they could be with him or against him. Having met people who had tried the second option, none had lived long enough to boast about it. Knowing Niklaus he didn't really give them a choice and would transform them all before nightfall. What soon happened, the whole pack was on the ground, dead, Klaus came to sit in front of me and I looked away. We waited in silence for the wolves to awaken.

It was then that Sutton began to panic and attacked the young Salvatore and fled. I rushed after him without delay. I had traveled several kilometers before losing track of him. I stopped running in search of clues to his passage. Footprints, or even a broken branch that showed me its direction, listening to the slightest noise. However, Stefan was far too loud, one might think that a vampire knows instinctively that they must be silent if one wants to find someone's place effectively. Desperate for his incompetence, I propose to separate to cover more ground.

When I proposed this idea, I did not know that he had been bitten, otherwise I would have treated him by absorbing the magic contained in the bite. It must have been just 5 minutes since we separated when, without screaming, I felt great pain, fangs piercing the skin of my neck and a family burn from the wolf venom. This young hybrid really had suicidal thoughts to do such nonsense. I grabbed him and made him fall to the ground to place me in a position of superiority. I would have ripped that idiot's heart out, but Klaus would see such an action as a betrayal, which would not be very wise of me. Ray was struggling under my grip, trying to bite again. Although I was much stronger than him, he was bigger than me which gave him a significant advantage. I had almost mastered it when he managed to put his hand on a branch that he pushed into my abdomen making me let go. He missed the heart, but it allowed him to get up while I was on my knees trying to remove the piece of wood from my belly. I managed to remove the branch, but before I could make another attack against the hybrid, I was plunged into the unconscious.

Stefan's diary

I found the hybrid and was forced to tear his head off and convince my brother, Elena and Alaric not to try to find me. I went back to the camp and gave Klaus the head, and I saw that he was surrounded by the bodies of the failed hybrids. He took a bottle of beer from the floor and poured his blood into it before handing it to me. He then took out his phone and I saw him select the number of his young cousin. I heard the device ring long before it hit the voicemail. Angry, Klaus threw me against a tree and asked me where she was. I struggled to breathe, but managed to say,