The Companion in Question

Jungkook had a lot of questions in his head that night because of the young lady named Rosie in front of him.

What is she doing in the forest at this hour?

What is her true intention in coming here?

Why is she not scared of me?

"Do you have some water?", Roseanne asked after she looked around despite being stared at by the owner of the treehouse.

Why is she not scared of me?

"Hello, um, do you-"

"Why do you want water?", he cut her off with that question.

"I want to clean the floor from...your blood..also if you allow me, I want to wash your feathers. They got some of your blood stains too."

He stared into her eyes, trying to decipher her real intention and sign of pretense in her demeanour.

"S- sir, um...it is okay if you do not want me to touch your wings but at least, let me clean the floor.", Roseanne told him.

"It is in the chamber above this one. I will go get it for you. Please wait here.", he finally answered her before he went out through the door, leaving her alone waiting for him.

As she waited in the dimly lit chamber, her gaze wandered around the room's simplicity despite its immense space. The room, exuding a rustic charm and simple beauty, offered little distraction to her loneliness. Nestled amidst the branches, this cozy space is adorned with handcrafted wooden furniture, including a sturdy table, a chair, a small intricately carved cabinet with its doors blending with the rustic walls and a comfortable, well-worn wooden bed. The walls are panelled with natural timber, retaining the character of the wood. The small fireplace she already discovered earlier added warmth and comfort, while a few strategically placed windows allow natural light to filter in, providing glimpses of the forest's serene beauty.

In the moment of quiet observation, she shifted her attention to one of the windows, drawn by the rustling of the tree leaves outside, piquing her curiosity amid the room's stark ambiance.

"Here is some water you asked for.", Roseanne flinched when Jungkook came back with a bucket of water in his hands.

She turned around and took the bucket from him as he looked to the window behind her.

"Thank you."

He looked at her as she walked to the stained floor before turning briefly to the trees outside while signalling them to stop moving and be quiet.

Then, he turned back and watched Roseanne as she crouched, attempting to tear a piece of her dress.

"Wait, what are you doing?" he asked, bewildered by her actions.

"I need a cloth to wipe the floor.", she looked at him as she answered.

"You could have asked me for that.", Jungkook walked to the small cabinet before taking out a clean cloth from the top shelf to give to Roseanne. "Here."

"Thank you."

"Let me help you.", Jungkook went back to the cabinet but Roseanne stopped him.

"It's alright. I can do this alone. You are injured, you should rest.", she told him since he did not want her to help him with his injury earlier before she offered to clean the stained floor.

He looked at her quietly before walking back to his wooden bed to lie down. Even if she did not tell him, he knew he needed some rest that day as he had fought against a lot of intruders since the morning. While lying down, he watched Roseanne's every step since she was a stranger in his castle. He could not let her do anything freely despite her appearance being harmless and generous.