The Concealed Truth

The golden hues of morning light painted a new day in Crimsonheart Forest. Roseanne emerged from the tree castle, carrying a tray laden with warm, honey-glazed flatbreads and a delicate herb-infused cheese. With the tray in hand, she carefully brought it down, her heart brimming with anticipation to share the morning repast with Jungkook.

"Good morning, Cal.", she greeted as she approached him, her voice carrying a soft melody.

"Good morning, Rosie.", he responded, his attention fixed in the wood he was carving.

Curiosity sparked in Roseanne's eyes.

"What are you crafting today?", she inquired about his task.

His response was soft-spoken yet firm—a new mask was needed after his previous one shattered during the perilous encounter yesterday. The sorrow in his voice made her a bit guilty for asking. He surely did not want to remember that incident anymore.

To change the subject, she invited him to share breakfast. His smile widened at the sight of the morning feast she had prepared.

In a swift motion, Jungkook flew up to his tree castle and returned while holding two ripe bananas in his hand.

He offered one to Roseanne, admitting, "I usually have this in the morning."

She felt a twinge of embarrassment. "I may have prepared too much," she murmured, feeling she might have imposed.

Skydance, the blue butterfly was nearby, and it landed beside him, urging him not to dismiss Roseanne's gesture. When he dismissed the butterfly with a gentle shush, he noticed Roseanne's small smile at the interaction, albeit momentarily. Sensing her emotions, he gently took the tray, placing it on his lap.

"These look delicious. Let's eat together, hm?", he suggested, offering her a piece of the honey-glazed bread.

With a smile returning shyly on her face, she took the bread as she settled beside him.

While they savoured their morning meal together, a symphony of laughter and light-hearted conversation echoed through the enchanted forest. Their bond seemed to transcend the realm of friendship, hinting at a deeper affection yet to be acknowledged by either of them.

Every creature, especially the trees, the birds and the fluttering insects, silent spectators to this burgeoning romance, felt a surge of delight seeing their immortal king who they call Caladrius, radiating more happiness than ever before. They revelled in the sight of his contagious laughter, as if the forest itself joined in the jubilation. The trees swayed gently, the leaves rustling in a chorus of agreement, while the insects buzzed cheerfully in harmony. If only Jungkook knew that they loved her for him, yearning for the immortal man to recognize the depth of their affection for the lady who had brought warmth and light into his life.

In a moment of shared humour, Jungkook quipped, "Everyone in this forest adores you, Rosie."

Roseanne chuckled softly, a hint of disbelief in her voice. "Oh, come on...no way."

But he was earnest, his eyes glinting with sincerity. "I am not kidding. The animals that helped you to save me yesterday love you, Rosie. Even the trees say so."

Curious, she observed the trees swaying gently before them. They seemed to dance in a rhythmic appreciation of her presence. Jungkook pointed towards them.

"See how the trees move? That's their way of showing gratitude for what you did."

Feeling a mix of humility and awe, Roseanne covered her blushing cheeks, acknowledging the unseen creatures.

"Thank you for accepting me.", she whispered, her voice barely audible.

He smiled warmly, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder, "You're a part of this forest now, Rosie. They've accepted you wholeheartedly, just as I have."