The Infamous Vigilante

"They said his wings turned grey because he had a bad intention to our land."

"I can't believe he has a hidden agenda like that."

"Luckily The Executioner came right in time to punish him."

Roseanne could not bear to listen to another negative rumors about Jungkook since the morning she wakes up. Sir Anthony had informed her of the unfortunate incident but she did not believe it. There was no way Jungkook was like that. She had been crying while waiting for him to be brought back to the castle.

Sir Anthony told her that a farmer's wife found Jungkook in their fruit orchard, she was screaming to see his neck stabbed with a blade and he is believed to be dead for a few hours before he was put there.

Roseanne did not listen to the rest of the information. Her eyes watered but she believed that Jungkook was not dead yet. He was immortal, it can't be...

"Step back! Please step back! Do not obstruct our duty or you will be next to be punished!", the royal guards were struggling with the townsfolk that have been crowding the entrance of the castle.

They were all curious to see the lifeless winged-man that had helped them day and night since two days ago. The commotion took place just outside of the main gate of the castle got Roseanne's attention. She stood up as she looked at the gate being opened while the people were swarming the royal carriage that was bringing Jungkook's body back as per her request. When she was stepping down the stairs, Sir Anthony held her hand, stopping her before she acted on her own accord. He shook his head and put up his hand, signalling her to stay and wait.

With tears threatening to spill, she obeyed as the royal carriage came closer while the royal guards pushed the people out of the castle. Once everyone left and the gate is closed again, Sir Anthony told the guards to bring Jungkook out of the carriage. He took two steps back to let Roseanne see the body by herself.

Seokjin and Hoseok dragged his body out of the carriage carefully before laying him to the ground in front of Roseanne. Another royal guard took the blade covered in blood and put it beside his body. Then, he went to Sir Anthony and showed the scroll they found with Jungkook.

"Your Highness, this is what made everyone believed he's a criminal.", Sir Anthony handed the scroll to Roseanne.

'Greetings!

I am The Nomad Executioner who had found that this man with wings was trying to conquer the Kingdom of Eudaemonia. You might have thought he was kind for helping but he actually was faking it. He was the legend they call a monster but do you know he has black magic? With that magic, he can turn anything alive or die anytime. It was all his atrocious plan. I must admit that he was a tough fight but I managed to stop him from his evil plan in this land. I hope this would give relief to you and thank you for the hospitality I received during my stay here.

Regards,

The Nomad Executioner.'

Roseanne's heart broke, her cheeks were wet with tears. She tore the scroll into pieces before throwing it away.

"Cal...wake up, please...you promised me...you said you will take care of yourself...you said I will see you today...this is not...this is not how I want to see you, Cal..."

As she was grieving over the lifeless body in front of her, the door beside the main gate opened and revealed her fiancé. He seemed out of breath as he rushed to her side and looked around at what was happening.

"Rosie..."

"Mingyu...it's not true. This is not true!", she cried as he pulled her into his arms.

"Calm down, calm down, Rosie..", he tried to comfort her.