The End of Vileness

Amidst the melancholic whispers of Eudaemonia's recent turmoil and the weight of her father's passing, Roseanne's heart was heavy as she journeyed back to her kingdom. The carriage rumbled along the winding road, carrying her, accompanied by Hoseok, while Jungkook rode ahead on a horse, flanked by Mingyu and the other royal guards.

"Princess, we're nearing the borders," Hoseok announced, breaking the silence that had settled within the carriage.

Roseanne glanced out of the window, her eyes catching Jungkook's signal atop his horse. His expression conveyed urgency, hinting at the gravity of their task. He got off the horse before approaching the carriage she was sitting in. When he saw her head peering out of the window, he smiled warmly before telling her that he had to go elsewhere with Mingyu.

"Mingyu and I need to retrieve that proof I mentioned. We will return soon.", he told her.

"Alright but please be careful, Jungkook.", she said softly, her concern evident.

With a fleeting smile, Jungkook nodded, "Don't worry. I'm not going alone this time."

Mingyu waved his hand at Roseanne. She nodded before mouthing at him to take care of himself.

"We make a move first.", Jungkook said before signalling to Mingyu, and the two princes rode off in haste, disappearing into the distant woods.

Alone with the royal guards, Roseanne stepped out of the carriage, her eyes scanning the surroundings. The familiarity of Eudaemonia washed over her, invoking a sense of homecoming.

"Princess, shall we proceed to the castle?", Hoseok inquired respectfully.

"Yes, let's go walk to the castle.", she decided, feeling the need to be closer to her kingdom, to feel its pulse.

As they approached Eudaemonia's boundaries, the people, caught off guard by their princess's sudden return, dropped to their knees, bowing in reverence at her homecoming.

"Your Highness, you are back.", the familiar voice among the bowing crowd got her attention.

There, on her left, she saw her royal advisor, Sir Anthony, standing in worn-out, faded shirt and pants that opposed with his usual velvety maroon regal tunic. She rushed to him as she looked at him from the top to the bottom.

"Uncle, what happened to you?", she asked him.

"Your sister had removed us from the royal council, Your Highness.", he answered.

"Us?", she frowned.

Sir Anthony nodded, "Every member of the royal council had been emptied, Your Highness. Your sister plans to promote new people in the council under her rule."

Roseanne shook her head at the information she received, "I won't allow it. Where are the other council members, uncle?"

One by one, the noblemen that were in the royal council stood up to show themselves among the crowd.

"This is absurd. All of you, the members of the royal council, follow me. Let's go to the castle with me.", the princess replied, her voice tinged with determination.

Meanwhile, inside the castle, Wendy sat as the staff styled her hair, revelling in the adulation drifting through the castle walls. The cheers fueled her sense of belonging, her smile radiating contentment. Finally, the people had learned to accept her as their new ruler of the kingdom, or so she thought.

"Long live the princess! Long live to our kingdom's princess!"

However, as Roseanne's voice resonated through the courtyard, calling out for her stepsister, Wendy's expression faltered. She stepped closer to the window, straining to hear Roseanne's voice amidst the jubilant cheers.