The Scent of Danger

Jungkook, adorned with his majestic wings, strolled through the town of the kingdom of Eudaemonia as soon as he was granted permission from Roseanne. His purpose was clear: gather information to aid her and the kingdom. As he wandered the bustling streets, the townsfolk greeted him with cautious curiosity.

Except for children, they were wide-eyed and full of wonder. They surrounded him, marveling at his wings.

"Can you really fly?", they asked, their voices filled with innocent excitement.

Chuckling softly, Jungkook replied, "Yes, I can."

"Can you please bring me to fly with you?"

"Me too! Me too!"

"I want to fly too!"

With a flourish of his wings, he lifted a few of the children onto his back, eliciting gasps of delight as they soared above the town, their laughter echoing in the clear sky.

Meanwhile, within the castle, Roseanne, now in her regal princess dress, discussed the situation with her trusted advisor, Sir Anthony and the members of the royal council.

"Good afternoon, everyone. First of all, I would like to apologise for worrying you all for a week.", she said as she was leading the royal meeting for the first time since her father was unable to attend it.

"It's okay, Your Highness. It's not your fault. You were missing, it's not something you planned to do.", one of the council members responded on behalf of everyone in the council hall.

"Right.", she nodded. "Now, back to our initial cause for this meeting, since I was not here for a week, I need to know everything that had happened within the kingdom. When I was on my way back to the castle this morning, I could see how bad it is with the land but I still need a thorough understanding of it. Anyone could tell me from their own insights so that I can see what we can focus on to fix first?", she asked with concern etched on her face.

"The drought is affecting our people severely, Your Highness."

"The rainy season should have started ten days ago according to the expert's prediction but a single drop hasn't occurred, Your Highness."

"We are losing water supply and the number of sick people increases two times higher due to fatigue and high fever, Your Highness."

The drought, health of the people and and the lack of water supply. Three crises at a time have occurred in the kingdom, all while she was missing in the deep of Crimsonheart Forest. A drop of tears escaped her eye, she felt a slight guilt for not coming back sooner when she chose to be selfish in staying lost in the forest.

As they were discussing, Alice and Alicia, Roseanne's former nannies who now served as dedicated members of the castle staff, hurried in with urgent news.

"Your Highness.", Alice called.

Roseanne allowed her to come closer.

"King Julius just vomited blood, Rosie.", she whispered to Roseanne's right ear.

Her eyes widened at the information.

Despite the pressing issues within the castle walls, Roseanne knew her duty. With a heavy heart, she delegated tasks to the kingdom's royal council members and rushed to her father's side. Her mind swirled with concern for both her father's health and the ailing kingdom.

"I am sorry, everyone. I need to leave this meeting for a while. I have to check on the King. Sir Anthony, please lead the rest of the meeting while I'm away. I have to go see my father now.", she announced, her voice lowered at her last sentence specifically for her advisor.