The New Beginning

The kingdom was shaken by the revelation of Wendy's treachery. Her deceitful actions had disrupted the tranquility of the realm, and the ancient laws decreed her punishment - loss of her royal status and assigned to be a foot washer in the market, a consequence befitting her betrayal.

Amidst the aftermath of these events, the day of Roseanne's coronation dawned, witnessed by the people who revered their princess. The grand ceremony radiated splendor, with banners fluttering in the gentle breeze and the air imbued with an aura of hope and renewal. As Princess Roseanne ascended the throne, adorned in regal splendor, she addressed her people with a heart full of grace.

Before she ended her first speech as the ruler of Eudaemonia, she looked at Jungkook who was standing a few meters away from her in his newly tailored piece of white and grey garments. She smiled at him before she proclaimed him, as a cherished native of her kingdom, urging her subjects to embrace him as one of their own.

"From today on, call him Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook, a native of Eudaemonia.", she said as she ended her announcement.

Following the ceremony, amidst the jubilation and festivities, Jungkook approached Roseanne, gratitude shining in his eyes.

"Your Majesty, thank you for all you did for me. It means the world to me," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Roseanne smiled warmly, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder, "Jungkook, you've been by my side through it all. You are more than a friend; you're part of this kingdom's story. You belong here."

He smiled in return, "I really don't know how to repay your generosity, Your Majesty."

She chuckled at him, "Maybe you could start by stop calling me Your Majesty. It's weird...coming from you, Jungkook."

He just nodded, "But you're the queen of the kingdom."

"And you're my-"

"Your Majesty!", a voice coming from her back stopped her conversation with Jungkook. "Oh my, you look so good with a crown on your head!"

Roseanne smiled as she turned around to see Mingyu, "Gyu, you too!"

"What?", he asked.

"Don't call me Your Majesty. I'm not the queen of your kingdom.", she replied, lightly hitting Mingyu's shoulder.

Jungkook slowly stepped away before a small boy bumped into him, completely moving his attention from Roseanne and Mingyu to let them have a conversation alone.

Later that evening, after a lavish banquet celebrating Roseanne's ascension, Jungkook expressed his hesitations about staying in the castle.

"Rosie, I appreciate everything, but I fear it wouldn't be proper for me to stay here in your castle.", he explained.

Sir Anthony, attuned to his concerns, spoke gently to both of them, "Mr Jeon, I understand your humility, but there's a compromise we can reach if the queen wants you to stay close. Your Majesty, my cottage near the castle, where he can have his own space but remain close enough to the castle."

Roseanne beamed with happiness as she listened to her advisor's suggestion.

"That would be nice, uncle. Jungkook, what do you say?"

Jungkook nodded, touched by the advisor's consideration, "I... I suppose that might work. But it's still too much trouble."

"It's no trouble at all," Sir Anthony assured. "It's an honor to have you near. Plus, that place is no stranger's home. It's mine but I haven't been staying there since I work for the queen here. You have my permission if that's what bothering your mind to accept it.", he added.

King: of The Forest And The Land (COMPLETED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें