The Hopeless Queen and The Clueless King

The day after, Roseanne made every possible effort to recapture Jungkook's attention after noticing a distinct shift in their relationship compared to their time in the Crimsonheart Forest. From the tiniest approach of greeting him good morning each day to extravagant strategy of holding the infamous musical play in the castle's garden solely for him. Yet, despite her efforts, he just remained friendly and seemingly oblivious to her attempts to win his heart again.

Days turned into weeks, and Roseanne watched as Jungkook stayed clueless while his attention wandered toward other women in the kingdom. Her heart sank with each passing moment, feeling the sting of unreciprocated affection.

One day, he showed up at the castle, seeking to meet Roseanne to tell her that he wanted to visit his old home, Crimsonheart Forest. Roseanne stood near the window, gazing out but avoiding eye contact with him when he was meeting her.

"Rosie, um, I was thinking. It's been two months since I left the forest. I want to visit it if you don't mind and-", he said respectfully before Roseanne stopped him.

Without turning to face him, she replied softly, "You can go, Jungkook. There's no need to ask me."

He sensed an unusual sadness in her voice but could not fathom its cause. With a courteous nod, he left the castle, leaving her immersed in her silent sorrow.

As Jungkook prepared to go, Roseanne stood in the quiet solitude of her chamber, her heart heavy with unspoken emotions.

Meanwhile, within the castle walls, the whispered concerns of the staff echoed in the corridors. They noticed their queen's melancholy state and exchanged worried glances, unsure of how to console her. They were all aware of her feelings toward the man she brought with her and had been quietly rooting her with him.

"This isn't right...", Alice bit her nail as she and Alicia were peeking on the queen.

"No, it's seriously wrong.", Alicia replied.

"Can't we do something to help?", Alice asked.

"How?"

"Tell Kim Seokjin to delay Jungkook's departure.", a deep yet authoritative voice startled both the women.

They turned around slowly to see Sir Anthony behind them. He looked at each of them before telling them to hurry. Then, they quickly left to do as told while he slowly entered Roseanne's chamber. When he reached near her, he cleared his throat, signalling his appearance.

"Uncle..", she turned around, smiling a little to the old man she had looked up like her own father.

"Your Majesty..", Sir Anthony tilted his head a little. "I heard Mr Jeon came here.", he said, his eyes focused on Roseanne's face.

She nodded, "He's asking me about visiting Crimsonheart."

"Oh, and did you permit him?", Sir Anthony asked.

"Yeah, he didn't have to ask for my permission anyway.", she answered despondently.

Sir Anthony went to stand beside her, "Are you okay, Rosie?"

Roseanne looked at him with a small smile on her face, "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Why, uncle? You sound different.", she exhaled as she looked back to the view beyond the window.

"Well, it's nothing much, but I met Mr Jeon yesterday evening when I went home.", Sir Anthony said.

"Oh, yeah? What was he doing? I mean- not that I care but he told me that he won't be home when I met him in the morning.", Roseanne replied, sounding a little hurt despite trying to conceal it from her attentive advisor.