The Moment Has Come

In the soft embrace of the moonlight night, Jungkook and Roseanne found solace within the confines of the broken tree castle in Crimsonheart Forest. The whispers of ancient trees danced around them as they spoke of what happened during the time Jungkook was unconscious to Whisper's revelation that brought to Jungkook's identity before he was cursed hundred years ago.

"Wait. My chamber above...", he stood up, walking out to go upstairs.

Roseanne followed him, climbing the splintered stairs carefully.

"No no no...", his voice was worrying her.

She put her hand on his shoulder, "Jungkook, what is it?"

He picked up the broken door handle, taking a deep breath before pushing the door of the prohibited chamber with force. Looking at the crashing down roof above, it would be a lie to say that the chamber was not affected inside. He knew that he would be greeted by a heartbreaking setting as he opened the door wide.

"No, my drawings...", he stepped inside, picking up each rectangular wooden panels that were scattering on the floor.

The red silk fabrics Roseanne saw last time were torn and stained with damp rainwater that came from the holes on the roof.

"These are all your drawings?", she asked as he rubbed each damaged portrait.

"Yes.", his tear dropped on the portrait of a woman that he was holding in his hand.

"She's beautiful.", Roseanne commented.

He nodded as he took another painting that she had helped to pick up. As he flipped to see what was painted on it, his tears intensified.

"Hey, what is it? Jungkook?", Roseanne asked, looking at the same painting of the same woman earlier but now there was a man beside her.

"These are my parents.", he replied. "This is the only thing that remind me of them.", he added, hugging the stacks of paintings to his chest dearly.

She rubbed his back gently, trying to comfort him, "It's okay. We will fix the chamber, okay?", she smiled faintly as she wiped his tears away.

In his silent cry, he nodded as Roseanne went to collect the silky fabrics that were used to cover the paintings. She wanted to ask him why he was covering them but she chose to keep it to herself for the moment. She did not want to bother him as he had just discovered the broken chamber of his tree castle.

As the night grew quieter and darker, Roseanne tried to tell him that they should head to sleep as he needed to rest. Quietly, Jungkook followed her as he brought the paintings downstairs with them. That night, they found refuge in the comforting company of each other until sleep enveloped them in its gentle embrace.

✨️✨️✨️

"Rosie!"

"Your Highness!"

A distant clamour shattered the morning's peace, jolting Jungkook from his slumber. His instincts surged, prompting him to approach the window cautiously, scanning the forest's edge.

Roseanne stirred, blinking sleep from her eyes, "Jungkook, what's wrong?"

He showed her a finger on his lips, signalling her to keep quiet.

"Do you hear that?", he whispered, his eyes alert to the outside.

Voices echoed through the woods, growing louder, and Jungkook furrowed his brow. "There are people down there," he murmured, concern etched on his face. "They seem to be calling for you."

Recognition flickered in her eyes.

"That's Mingyu's voice.", she said softly. "The other seems to be the royal guards.", she added.