The Only Person

Perched atop a sturdy oak, Jungkook found himself nestled in the boughs of that neighbouring tree, observing his creation from every possible angle.

The treehouse he called a tree castle which he built ninety years ago in the central of the lush forest of Crimsonheart.

The chamber or the living room was the main part of the tree castle. It showcased a cosy and rustic charm of its own. In that chamber, Roseanne was resting alone as he told her that he needed to inspect every area of the forest before he slept, which was actually a lie. He was just a few meters away from his homey place, watching it from a distance to see what he could improve or add to ensure he could give the perfect hospitality for his sole visitor.

Adjacent to the chamber, a quaint bathroom boasted simplicity and functionality. Wooden panels adorned the walls, with a small stone sink standing atop a sturdy wooden cabinet. A shower area, cleverly enclosed with woven curtains, offered a refreshing escape amidst the treetops.

Above, the kitchen was a haven of culinary delights. Wooden cabinets lined the walls, storing an assortment of storage jars, pots, pans, and utensils. In those jars, there were all the earthy and natural ingredients for his hunger being kept at. For the moment, he had herbs, spices, whole grains, and foraged foods stored. He should find some fruits tomorrow for Roseanne, she seemed to adore them from the way she brought a lot of berries with her to the tree castle.

Last but not least, the room opposite the kitchen that-

"Hey, Caladrius.", Whisper's voice slightly surprised him.

"Whisper, what are you doing here?"

"I want to tell you something before I fly away for a few days.", the white pigeon told him.

He nodded with full attention on the bird that just sat on his hand, "What is it now?"

Whisper walked on his arm to his shoulder while saying, "I want to tell you to take care of Rosie well while I'm gone."

Jungkook chuckled at her words.

"Oh, yeah. Laugh while you can. You never know when she will leave this place. I heard her talking to herself before she slept, Caladrius.", she said as she made a turn to keep walking back and forth on his arm.

"Why? What did she say?", he asked.

"She said that she is worried about her father but she also said that she hoped no one would come and find her for now.", Whisper told him.

He stared into the darkness, wondering why Roseanne said those words.

"I hope I can still see her here when I come back. She is a sweet girl. I don't feel like leaving her yet.", Whisper spread her wings and hugged Jungkook's arm with them.

Jungkook shook his head, "You should leave, Whisper. You are just going to make her uncomfortable being around in the castle often."

Whisper turned her head and glared at him, "You are the one who makes her uncomfortable."

He shook his head again while Whisper was pointing her right wing at him, "Tell me, what do you feel of having a guest at your castle?"

He shrugged.

"Come on, Caladrius. It's not just me. Every single creature here knows how you feel about her.", Whisper said, purposely trying to tease him.

"I do not have feelings for her!"

"Ha!"

Jungkook quickly covered his mouth while looking back at his tree castle. Even though he was quite far from it, he was still worried that Roseanne could hear him from there.