The Princess' Stories

Jungkook gazed at Roseanne, his expression earnest as he pleaded, "Rosie, please, you can stay here longer if you want."

Before she could respond, her face paled, and she swayed, collapsing into his arms. Panic surged through him as he swiftly carried her to the wooden bed nestled in the chamber downstairs.

"Whisper!", he called out, his voice tinged with worry. "Do you know what's wrong with her?"

The vibrant messenger bird flitted over, chirping urgently, "She's hungry!"

His heart sank as he glanced at the table laden with food from the day before, untouched and wasted. Guilt gnawed at him. "This is my fault..", he muttered to himself.

Hurriedly, he gathered a fresh meal, arranging a spread of fruits, nuts, and bread beside Roseanne.

"When will she wake up?", he asked Whisper.

"She will wake up anytime, Caladrius. Just let her rest.", it replied.

"This is all my fault. If only I listened to her first..."

Roseanne stirred, her eyelids fluttering as she gradually regained consciousness. "What happened?" she murmured weakly.

"You fainted," he responded gently, regret shadowing his features. "It seems you were starving. Please eat," he softly urged, a hint of remorse in his voice.

With a mixture of embarrassment and gratitude, she reached for the food and began to eat. As the color returned to her cheeks, she looked up at Jungkook with a mixture of gratitude and confusion.

"Thank you."

He sighed, his gaze softening. "I was wrong to scold you last night. I should have been more understanding. I'm sorry."

Roseanne met his gaze with a gentle smile, "It's alright, Cal. It's not your fault. I should have been honest with you from the very beginning."

Seeking to alleviate the tension, he offered, "Let's forget the past. You're welcome to stay longer if you wish."

Roseanne's eyes sparkled with gratitude as she expressed her thanks, "Thank you, Cal." Yet, a hint of worry creased her brow, "But what about Mingyu, my fiancé? You said he's been searching for me."

Jungkook nodded, "He's fine although...I might have scared him a little."

Her eyes widened in return, "What did you do to him?"

With a small laugh, he began recounting the events of his encounter with Mingyu...

✨️✨️✨️

Flashback...

The air was crisp as Jungkook sat on top of the tallest tree near Crimsonheart's border, monitoring the forest's entrance from any intruders. As the sun hung directly overhead, he spotted a group of horsemen entering the border. His curiosity piqued upon seeing them so he trailed them silently, concealed among the foliage, observing their movements with keen interest.

Drawing closer, he focused at one of them who stood out rather than the rest, dressed in regal attire, emanating an aura of leadership. He sensed something different about him and concluded that he might be the group's leader. Intrigued by their purpose, he stealthily continued to shadow their path, carefully eavesdropping on their conversation. As they paused while discussing the placement of scrolls on the trees, he remained hidden, trying to decipher their intentions.

When they dispersed to carry out their task, he swooped down, seizing the apparent leader, carrying them both into the air, his wings effortlessly lifting them skyward.