Chapter 54: Sasuke Makes A Move

My eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as the chirping of multiple birds filled my ear drums. I wanted to continue sleeping. I was in an incredibly comfortable position somehow.

How strange. Sleeping on the grass ground was never comfortable. One side of my cheek was pressed against something and my head was resting on something as well. In fact, my entire upper body seemed to be resting on something.

I stirred, slowly trying to open my eyes.

'Are you awake now?'

'Huh?' I tilted my head up slightly and saw Sasuke staring back at me. My eyes widened as soon as I realised what exactly was going on.

Sasuke's back was against a tree. I was sleeping on his chest and his legs were placed on either side of me. His hand on my head and an arm around my waist.

My face heated up. 'Sasuke?!'

'What is it?' he said, tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear and away from my eyes. 'Why is your face so red?'

I stared at him in shock, my mouth agape. 'I - I ...'

He smirked, patting my head. 'Did you sleep well?'

'KAMISAMA!' I yelled, crawling away from him, backwards until my head hit a tree. Hard.

I clutched the back of my head and crouched down, muttering curses under my breath while my head throbbed. My heart pounded against my chest.

'Are you alright?' he asked, looking both shocked and amused as he walked towards me.

'D-d-don't c-c-come any closer!' I stuttered, holding my hands in front of me. 'W-why-why was I in such a position!'

He smirked, continuing to walk towards me before crouching down in front of me. 'You didn't look comfortable sleeping on the ground. So I thought I changed that.'

I blinked at him before pinching him in the cheek and pulling it.

His eyes went big.

'Friends don't do weird stuff like that, Sasuke-kun.' I teased.

He scowled and grabbed my wrist tightly. 'What do you think you're doing?'

I smiled at him sweetly and patted his cheek with my free hand. 'I'm being a great friend, why?'

He cocked an eyebrow at me. 'I don't think friends sleep on each other's chest.'

I punched him in the gut lightly, my cheeks heating up. 'Shut up! That was your doing.'

***********

'I'm just saying, if Makoto dressed up as a guy, she'd probably get more girls than guys if she were to dress normally. Then again, she dresses like a guy.'

My eye twitched at Kiba's words.

Naruto warned, glancing over at me. 'Oi, Kiba. Don't you think you're being too insensitive there?

'Huh? No way! Was I, Makoto?'

'I don't know, dog boy.' I said, pulling his cheek tightly. 'What do you think?'

'Ow! That hurts!'

'It's supposed to, stupid.' I said, feeling someone look at me from the corner of my eye. I turned my head slightly to see Sasuke smirking at me.

Feeling flustered, I let got of Kiba's cheek and stared down at my lap.

We were currently having lunch together. 'We' as in Naruto, Sasuke, Kiba, and I.

Only those in our group of friends who were free to have to have lunch with Sasuke and Naruto before they went off for their mission.

'You're going to be bored without me in the village, aren't you, Makoto?' Naruto teased, nudging my side.

I ruffled his hair. 'Sure, Naruto. It's going to be really boring without you -'

I flinched as I felt something rub against my feet. My eyes darted to the person in front me.

'What's wrong?' Kiba asked.

'Nothing!' I lied, forcing a laugh. 'Just shivered out of nowhere.'

I smiled at him before glaring at the Uchiha seated across me, smirking. His damn leg ... He did that on purpose! Stupid Uchiha ...

'Well, we'd better get going.' Naruto said, getting up. 'Let's go, Sasuke.'

'Mm,' he responded, getting up as well.

'I'll see you guys to the gates,' I offered. 'Kiba, you coming?'

'Nah, I've got to help my sister with her work.' he sighed, running a hand through his hair. 'I'll see you guys later.'

**********

'You guys better not start fighting halfway throughout the mission.' I half-jokingly said, nudging them both.

'Of course we won't,' Naruto smiled, patting me on the head. 'We're not kids anymore.'

I cocked an eyebrow and folded my arms. 'Really?'

'I hate it when you give me that look.' Naruto mumbled, pouting and putting his hands behind his head. 'Well, see yah.'

I smiled, and nodded before turning to Sasuke who still stood in front me, staring down at me with an unreadable expression.

'Sasuke, what is it?' I asked. 'You forget something?

'Yeah,' he smirked. 'I nearly did.'

'What is it?'

He pressed his lips lightly to mine. My breathing stopped. My heart froze. The wind rustled my hair as my eyes enlargened, staring at Sasuke's eyelids.

He pulled away and smirked, shoving his hands into his pocket.

'I nearly forgot to kiss you.' he said, in a low voice.

My lower lip quivered. Once my mind finally began working again, I slapped a hand over my mouth and stared at him in shock, feeling flustered. I was sure my face had turned the deepest shade of red possible.

'Sasuke! What the hell was that!' I demanded, my voice muffled.

'A kiss.' he said simply, straightening up. 'Later.' he put a hand up before he followed Naruto who was at least three meters ahead of him.

I stared at Sasuke's back as he walked. My hand over my chest.

My heart ... It's so fast.
His lips ... On mine ...
Why are my lips tingling?

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

'That little shit ...' I grumbled.

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Hey guys
What did you think of this chapter? Hoped you enjoyed it! Anyways, how was your day today? Just a random question I thought I'd ask. Thanks for reading