Chapter 41: The Hunt For Sasuke

[AUTHOR'S NOTE]

A quick little note to tell you guys that this chapter takes place after Pein attacks Konoha and while Tsunade is still in coma. A big time skip, I know, and I'm sorry about it but I don't want to keep dragging on and have chapters for like over twenty episodes. Also, I need to put in more romance, I feel? Oh well, enjoy~

I was starting to get impatient. I didn't know how Nii-san could stand it, but I couldn't. 

Masoto still hasn't moved to Konoha. In fact, we haven't even heard from him since our last mission. Nii-san tells me that maybe it's for the best that he doesn't come now since Tsunade was in a coma and the village has practically been demolished. The villagers might not exactly be welcoming towards a stranger.

Currently, I was walking alongside Kakashi sensei, Naruto and Sakura when I heard heavy and urgent foot steps behind us.

'HEY!'

'Huh?'

The four of us turned around to face Kiba who was on Akamaru's back, looking extremely frantic as they halted.

'Kiba, what's up?' I asked, feeling worried by the look on his face.

'Now, stay calm and listen!' he said urgently. I moistened my lips nervously. 'Hard to stay calm when you said something like that and looking like that.' I commented, mentally.

'Tsunade-sama has been relieved as Hokage!' he continued, making all of us stare at him in shock. 'It seems someone named Danzo is the Sixth Hokage! I don't know much, but apparently he's been active behind the scenes.'

I stared at him in disbelief. 'Tsunade-sama's being ...replaced? Why? She's -'

'That's not the only shocking thing!' he interrupted. I felt my stomach drop, hearing those words. It gets worse? 'The Sixth Hokage declared Sasuke a rogue ninja, and has given the approval to hunt him down!'

My heart skipped a beat. I tried ignoring the feeling of my blood pounding in my ears.

'What the hell is going on?' Naruto demanded.

'Even I don't understand,' admitted Kiba, his eyebrows knit together.

'They couldn't wait until Tsunade-sama recovered.' said Kakashi sensei, making us turn our heads to face him. 'It makes sense in a way.'

Naruto blinked. 'Kakashi sensei ...'

'Sasuke is indeed a rogue ninja,' he continued on, his face scarily serious. 'Normally, he would have been eliminated long ago. It's only because of Tsunade-sama that he's been allowed to live.'

I clenched my fists in anger, shaking with fury. That bastard, Danzo ... acts all big and becomes the Sixth Hokage and then immediately declares that Sasuke's a rogue?

'I'm going to go see him.' declared Sakura as she began walking.

Kakashi put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. 'Storming into his office will solve nothing.'

'Neither will laying about!' I argued, my nails digging painfully into my palms while I glared at Kakashi sensei without meaning to. 'What right does he have to take Tsunade-sama's place? Tsunade-sama isn't dead! She's alive and she's going make it and run the the village as per normal!'

I began breathing heavily in anger. How dare he look down upon Tsunade? She's not weak! She'll be up in no time - she isn't going remain like that for long. That bastard ... Acting like he's been ruling Konoha for so long. And Sasuke ... how dare he declare that Sasuke's a rogue! No one is going to hunt Sasuke down.