Chapter 25: What's Under The Mask?

I crossed my fingers as Tsunade rested her hand onto Sasuke's forehead. My eyes lingered on his features. His eyes were closed and I couldn't help noticing how peaceful he looked. It was almost scary.

I heard what happened to Sasuke. His brother did this to him. His goal was to kill his brother - he wanted revenge. It was sad and frightening to know what someone at his age had to go through, his whole clan getting massacred - except for him.

I snapped out of my thoughts when he stirred.

'Sasuke-kun!' Sakura cried, tears of happiness in her eyes.

I sighed in relief and slumped onto Naruto.

Sasuke sat up, staring blankly at the bed sheets.

Sakura threw her arms around his neck 'Sasuke-kun!'

I clenched my fists. I felt as thought there was some sort of monster inside my stomach, growling at Sakura's closeness to him.

'Sasuke, you -' Naruto trailed off, his grin sliding off his face as he saw Sakura's arms still around Sasuke's neck.

I put a hand on Naruto's shoulder and looked at him sadly. He forced a smile before turning away and walking out of the room.

I glanced at Sasuke and Sakura one last time, trying to get rid of the thought of pushing Sakura away from Sasuke before I sighed and followed Naruto out of the room.

I expected to see Naruto looking upset in the hallway, but instead, he was grinning.

'The next person to heal,' he said. 'Kakashi sensei!'

I couldn't help but crack into a little smile as I threw an arm around his shoulders, nodding.

Who cares whether Sakura had her arms around Sasuke anyways? I have a great friend like Naruto. I'm not jealous .

Yes, you are, said a small voice in my head making me scowl.

[TIME SKIP]

'Say, don't you want to see it?' Naruto said, looking all secretive.

Sasuke, Sakura and I all gave him weird looks.

'He's been hiding it from us long enough already.' Naruto continued, in a slightly hushed voice.

'See what?' I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

'See what? Isn't it obvious?' Naruto said, before putting his face close to Sakura's, shining a flashlight into his face and trying to sound all spooky. 'Kakashi sensei's ... real face!'

Where he got the flashlight, I didn't know. Nor was I going to ask. Although I am curious about it. What's under Kakashi's mask I meant, not where Naruto got the flashlight. I don't care about the flashlight.

Sakura being Sakura, punched him on the head.

'What are you doing?' she yelled angrily.

Sasuke turned his back to the three of us, looking nonchalant. 'What nonsense. I'm not interested. We've finished our missions for today, so let's go home.'

Sakura smiled at him sweetly, her voice instantly becoming gentler. 'You're right.'

She continued smiling at him as he walked away from us.

Naruto turned to Sasuke as well, a small glint of mischievousness in his eyes. 'Maybe he has ... Thick lips?'

Sasuke stopped dead in his tracks, one foot in the air. And then to my surprise, he started wobbling left to right.