I Am Not Who I Remembered To Be

It was ten in the morning. The cool breeze caressed my cheeks and tousled my hair. This morning weather would be perfect for doing something relaxing like staying at home and just chilling about or sleeping in, but I was doing neither.

In fact, I was doing something the exact opposite.

My fist came into contact with the same tree I'd been punching for the past one and a half hour. A loud thud was heard as soon as I hit it.

I ignored the excruciating pain that I felt in my knuckles and once again, shot my fist forward.

Sasuke tricked me again. And I was a fool for getting tricked the second time. I was an idiot. Back then, I knew he could never love anyone. I knew, that he was too cold to ever hold feelings for someone and yet ... Yet I still went after him. I believed he actually loved me.

I let out an angry yell and punched the tree with all my might, my knuckles burned in protest. My sight went blurry with tears as a trickle of sweat rolled down my face.

I will never believe him again. I will never let him into my life again. Never. From now on, Uchiha Sasuke is my enemy.

I growled and raised my fist once more and just as it was about to come into contact with the tree, someone's fingers wrapped around my wrists firmly, preventing me from even moving my arm.

I turned around, feeling deeply annoyed. I did not expect to see both my brothers.

'Masoto,' I said, who had his hand around my wrist. 'When did you reach Konoha?'

He and Nii-san were both looking at me with their eyebrows furrowed. However, Masoto was frowning heavily while Nii-san eyes showed sadness.

'I reached just an hour ago.' said Masoto, his expression remaining. 'Makoto, what are you doing?'

I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

Masoto pulled my wrist towards him and examined my knuckles which were now bruised, swollen and cut and bleeding knuckles.

'I was just training.' I lied, pulling my hand away from him.

'Makoto, I know you're not training.' said Nii-san, taking a step towards me. His eyes looked searchingly at me as if he was trying to read what exactly happened to me. 'Why are you doing this?'

'I said I was training!' I cried, my voice cracking and startling my brothers.

I turned around and wiped the tears that were now rolling down my face with the back of my hands hurriedly before saying, 'Masoto, I'm glad you're back but ... Could you two ... Let me be for a while? I - I'd like to be alone ... I'll give you a proper welcome afterwards.'

'You think I care about a proper welcome!' Masoto growled, his hands landing on my shoulder and he spun me around roughly. 'What the hell are you doing to yourself!'

'Masoto,' Nii-san said, 'Don't be rough. Makoto ... What is going on?'

I clenched my fists tightly, wincing as pain shot through my knuckles.

'I said I was training -'

'You never went overboard with training, Makoto.' said Nii-san. 'What's upsetting you this much?'

I stared at my boots.

'Is it regarding Uchiha Sasuke?'

My head shot upwards and I stared at Nii-san. 'How'd ... How'd you know?'

His expression darkened. 'Ever since he left Konoha, every time you're upset of something, it's regarding him.'

'That says a lot, doesn't it?'A voice in my head said. 'That he's only been causing you to feel upset and not an ounce of happiness and yet you're still going after him, grabbing onto that stupid dream that he'd one day return. That it's possible between the two of you.'