Chapter 10:The Hero That Once Lived and Sasuke?

The next morning, Sakura was told to guard Tazuna while he was working in case something happened at the bridge. As for me, I was given such a big job - invigilate Naruto and Sasuke and make sure they don't break each other's neck while they continue attempting to complete the tree climbing exercise. Real important. Thanks Kakashi sensei, I'm feeling real useful right now. No, really.

By now, the sun was already starting to set and the boys had scratches and bruises on their bodies - not to mention they looked completely worn out. I sighed. I was bored of not doing anything at all so I decided to take a kunai out here with me and practice the throwing of a Kunai at a tree, each time the mark going higher and higher.

I turned my head to look at the two boys, only to find them glaring at each other.

'Ah, those two ...' I sighed exasperatedly. At least Naruto's improving little by little.

'Damn it!' Naruto cursed, as he fell on his butt once again.

'Naruto, don't forget the tips I told you.' I reminded.

He nodded, smiling slightly. He did the hand sign and closed his eyes, focusing on his Chakra. 'Concentrate ... concentrate ...' he muttered, furrowing his eyebrows.

I smiled, nodding to myself before turning my back to him and getting ready to throw my kunai.

'Oi, Makoto.' Sasuke hissed, suddenly appearing next to me and making me jump slightly.

'God, you scared me!' I breathed, putting a hand over my chest. 'What is it?'

'Shh ... not so loud,' he hissed once again. 'I don't want Naruto to know anything -'

I gave him a strange look. 'Are you selling drugs or something?'

'No!'

'Then what's up?' I asked, leaning my back against a tree.

'Um, well ...' he looked away, a faint blush appearing on his cheeks. What's up with this guy? 

'Yes?' I said, motioning him to continue.

He turned to look at me, an eye twitching and his blushing becoming more visible. 'You - gave Naruto some tips, right?' he mumbled, before turning the other way, looking more awkward than ever. 'What did you tell him?'

'Huh?' my eyes widened in surprise before I broke into a mischievous grin. I wanted very much to give him a snide remark but the poor boy already looked too embarrassed I was actually starting to feel second-hand embarrassment. 'Sure, why not.'

He shoulders slumped in relief and I was just about to tell him the tips when Naruto's head snapped towards us.

'What are you two talking about?' he asked, eyeing us suspiciously before his eyes widened and a look of betrayal flashes across his eyes. 'M-Makoto! You're giving him tips as well, aren't you?'

'Calm down, Naruto.' I said, glancing at Sasuke who looked ready to bury himself deep into the ground. 'I'm just -'

'NO!' Naruto protested, walking over and grabbing me by the arm.

'What the - oh okay ...' I sighed, getting dragged away from Sasuke.

'I'm trying to beat Sasuke, Makoto!' Naruto whined. 'How could you betray me like that?'

I sighed, patting his head. 'Alright, alright ... I'm sorry.'

                                                                              *