Chapter 30: Changes

One Year Later

My eyes widened, seeing a kunai being pointed between my eyes. I fell backwards and sighed in defeat. 'You win, again.'

Ten Ten put away her kunai and smiled at me, holding out a hand which I gratefully took. She helped me up and said, 'You're improving each time, Makoto.'

Ten Ten and I have gotten pretty close. I was amazed by how well she used her weapons and I've got my interests in weapons as well. And let's face it - I'm absolute rubbish at ninjutsu.

'You ready for the next round?' she asked, looking excited.

I nodded, wiping sweat off my brow. 'You bet.'

Swinging my ponytail over my shoulder , feeling annoyed by it, I got into a stance. I guess my annoyance was evident on my face because Ten Ten laughed.

'Your hair's getting pretty long,' she said. 'Are you just going to grow it out?'

I shrugged. 'Probably not. I hate my hair getting in my face. It's too long.'

My hair had grown until my mid-back now. It was annoying. But I've been reluctant to cut it and I wasn't exactly sure why. Maybe I wanted to continue tying my hair with my maroon ribbons? Oh, who cares?

'Ready?' said Ten Ten, pulling out a kunai and I mimicked her.

I charged first.

After many attacks, my kunai ended up flying out of my hands and onto the floor.

I fell on my butt as Ten Ten came towards me, raising her kunai. My eyes lingered on my kunai that lay motionless on the ground, out of my reach, before I shut my eyes tightly and swung my arm in front of me, hand open. I wasn't exactly sure how that stance was going to protect me but hey, I never said I was bright.

I then felt something slide into my hand and then I heard Ten Ten gasp.

I opened my eyes an blinked at my kunai that was now in my palm. 'Huh?'

Ten Ten gasped, her eyes gleaming with excitement. 'Makoto! You've got it! You've got it!'

I stared at her. 'Got what? The kunai? Did you throw it at me?'

'No!' she yelled, looking unable to contain herself. 'Murasakigan! You've got it!'

My eyes widened and I gaped. Staring at the kunai in my hands again, I used my free hand to put it above the kunai before raising my hand up, the kunai following.

'Yes!' I yelled triumphantly. 'Finally! I've got it.'

I felt a strain in my eyes and relaxed them immediately. Ten Ten blinked at me, staring into my eyes.

'Makoto?' she said, sounding unsure and worried. 'When you get the Murasakigan, your eyes change can change back to its original colour, right?'

'Uh, yeah ... Why?'

'Don't scream.' she said and I slapped her across the shoulder.

'You don't say that! Now I really feel like screaming! What happened? What's going on?' I said frantically, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand.

Ten Ten said nothing but instead, dug inside her pocket thoroughly before pulling out a small rectangular mirror. She passed it to me.

I took one look at my reflection and I had to pinch myself to prevent myself from screaming.

Staring back at me, were no longer the stormy grey eyes I was familiar with. Only one familiar eye was staring back at me - the right one. The left eye, on the other hand, was lilac. Freaking lilac.