Back Home

----Gus POV----

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk into my house.

"Hey, bud!" My dad yells from the kitchen.

I walk into the kitchen to tell my dad about my day. He was reading a cook book at the kitchen table, which he put down when I walked in. I sit down at the table across from him.

"So sport, how was hanging out with your friends?" He asks.

"Great!," I say, pausing, "I shared a milkshake with Matt and he invited me to Grom with him."

My dad looks surprised. I don't really talk with him about my crushes or whatever. He did know I liked boys but it isn't as big as a deal here as the Human Realm.

"Do you want to go with him?" He asks looking concerned.

"Yeah." I say. He knew me and Matt were good friends, but I had never told him that I had a crush on him.

"I'm happy for you." He said pating my shoulder. He picked up the cook book. "So you want to make something called pizza with me?" He asked.

"Sure! I love pizza! Camila made for us a lot in the human realm." I say. I look up at him and see he looks a little sad. He missed me a LOT while I was gone and the memory of losing me weighed heavy on him every day. "Sorry." I say, feeling bad.

"It's alright, don't worry." He says smiling.

I think he's recovering from the day of unity incident ei: becoming a puppet for multiple months, but I don't want to bring it up.

----Matt POV----

I get home and unlock the door. Steve is chilling on the couch.

"Hey, lil bro! How was going out with for friends?" Steve asks.

"Good." I say, fopping down on the couch.

"What happened." He asks.

Darn. He knows me too well. My parents are hardly ever home. They go on business trips and vacations all the time. They work all the time but never send us any money or come home to make us supper. Steve was working in the emperor's coven to provide for us, but since the day of unity, he's been working at a car store. I used to work a few small jobs to help out, but  Steve made me stop because I was only 14 at the time. Now I'm 16 and I work part-time a at a construction site.

"I asked Gus to Grom with me..." I say. Steve knows that I like Gus so he didn't look too surprised, just proud.

"That's my little brother!" Steve cheered.

"I'm not that little." I say.

"You'll always be my little brother no matter how big you get." He says.

----Willow POV----

"Papa! Dad! I'm home!" I calls I step into my house and take off my shoes. I grab a near by watering can I start watering my plants.

"Hey honey," Gilbert says, "how was your evening out? Did you have fun?"

"It was lots of fun!" I say, turning around to face him. I check my watch. "Oh! I should head to my room! I promise Hunter I would call him when I got home!" I run up to my room. I grab my scroll from my bag and call Hunter. I know I did just see him, but since I've realized I like him, I've want to see him more and more. He answers.

"Hi Willow!"

"Hey Hunny!" I say, smirking. I see his face cloud with blush at the nickname.

"H-hunny?" He asks.

"Sorry, was that to soon? I wanted to give you a cute nickname." I say.

"No no, it's alright. I really like it. I was just flustered." Hunter says, while fiddling with his hair.

"So you wanted to talk about flyer derby?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm just nervous I'm not good enough for our  upcoming game." He says.

"I think your great but I can offer you some strategies to get better if you want." I offer, smiling at Hunter.

"Sure." He says.

Soon we're deep in conversation about flyer derby, school and then eventually Grom.

"So, do you want to go to Grom with me?" Hunter asks, nervously.

"Of course! We're dating, are we not?" I say.

"Yeah. I just thought I'd ask," Hunter says, "What are you going to wear?"

"I went shopping with my dads a while ago and I got the cutest green dress with flowers all over it that I can't wait to wear!" I squeal.

"I'm sure you'll look even more beautiful as ever." He says.

I bush. "What are you wearing?" I ask.

"I don't know yet. I think I'll ask Darius to take me shopping before the dance." Hunter says.

"You'll look handsome in whatever you pick." I say.

"Thanks." He says before wiping around at the sound of Darius's voice. "One sec!" He shouts back. He looks at me. "Sorry Willow I have to go. Darius needs me for something, but I'll talk to you soon."

"It's alright! Ttyl!" I say. I taught Hunter acronyms so that he'll understand what I'm saying since I have a habit of using them.

"Byeee!" He says before hanging up.

I get out of my desk which I was calling Hunter from and flop down on my bed and browse pentagram.

(Don't mind the views and likes count lol)