Chapter Seven - Alex

Heyy :D Soooooo Sorry for the late update!!!!!! My room wasn't clean. . . Anyways. . . Thanks to Lauren for telling me to update. I'm one of those weird people that does an AN at the beginning and end. . .Well, here goes!

     If you could only use one word to describe camp, I think chaos would be the most accurate. People were searching the forest in a frenzy, screaming Lauren's name. I still couldn't figure out how she could miss all the noise--unless she got knocked out or something.

     Cailee ran up to me and grabbed my arm. "We need to find her!" She yelled, her voice overflowing with panic. I nodded and ran with her deeper into the forest. After a minute, we heard a rustling in the bushes. Cailee squatted down and pulled me with her, putting a finger to her lips. I listened intently, and a few seconds later, Percy and Annabeth came sprinting in front of us. 

     Cailee stood up quickly, and they turned to face her. We all caught our breath for a moment (except for Cailee, who looked like she could go twice this far without breaking a sweat). Finally Annabeth broke the silence, "Any luck?"

     We shook our heads. "Where did you see her last?" Cailee questioned them.

     Annabeth thought for a moment. "After she handed the flag to you, I just let you go and told her that we were going to win. That girl isn't stupid, and knows we had a plan, so she just walked back with me. We met up with Percy, and. . ." Her voice trailed off. "Wait," She murmured, horror filling her eyes. "She ran back, didn't she?" Annabeth asked, looking at Percy.

     Realization dawned on his face. "Oh gods, she did! I thought it was toward the river. . .?"

     "It was," Annabeth whispered. "but it's still my fault. I should have been watching her!"

     "Guys," Cailee interrupted. "It wasn't either of your faults. If she ran to where everyone met, it should be okay. She must be here somewhere, right?"

     I nodded. "Right, so... Where were you guys when she bolted?"

     Annabeth and Percy led us through the forest for a while, before stopping at a small clearing of trees. "Here," Percy said. "She went that way."

     We looked to where he was pointing, and took off in that direction. Several hundred yards from the clearing, Cailee stopped dead in her tracks. I wasn't so quick. We both went sprawling onto the ground, and my hand felt something cold. Something that shouldn't have been here. 

     It was snow.

Ooh! Another cliffy! Guys, I am soooo sorry this was so short. Like, I feel terrible. BIG THANK YOU TO SPELL CHECK <3 I LOVE YOU BABE! I haven't updated in forever. But I can promise you this. I will never give up on any of my stories unless A) I die or B) All the computers in the world spontaneously combust. Even then, things live on in my head. Big thanks again to Lauren for commenting on like every chapter <3 Would it really kill the rest of you to take like 5 seconds and tell me how I did? I really want feedback. This is dedicated to Chezzersm for being awesome. Seriously, go fan her. Thanks.

Alex:  Wow. . . That was short.

Me: I know :[

Alex: If Rick owned me like he does the rest of your book, I would be a ninja with really long chapters saving endangered sea turtles and koalas--eating 4 ducks a day with sushi every 17 hours!

Me: That's exactly why I own you. . .

Thanks for reading!!!       ~Rozzi