Chapter Thirteen - Alex

Heyy :D How's it goin? I don't have much to say... Thanks for reading... I really should stop doing the authors note at the beginning AND end... Oh well :3

Alex: Finally! I get a POV!

Me: What's that supposed to mean? D: I give you plenty of POVs...

Alex: Lol sure....

Me: Listen up Joe, I'm the author here, I make the rules. Rick has no power over this domain... Except for my story is based off of his writing...

Alex: Don't start rambling, just make sure this is a good chapter!

Me: *grumbles and sits in corner and sleeps while I pretend to type*

Alex's POV [That was for our "Slow" friends who still haven't figured that out by now ;)]

    I tossed and turned, not being able to sleep. Dreams... They were horrible. My heart was pounding in my ears, and I had a massive headache. There's no way they could actually happen, right? They just... Couldn't.

     About an hour after I woke up, I decided I should go outside. I know, I know. It was like, three in the morning, and the harpies would most likely eat me. I could be pretty sneaky. And if worst came to worst, I could use a little magic and hopefully make me invisible. See? Being a child of Hecate did have it's advantages. 

      Then again, it was also a curse in a way. Because my mom was against the Olympians in the Titan War, all of her children were, too. I didn't know what I was doing, and I was lucky to survive. I honestly just stabbed at whatever came my way--not knowing if it was a friend or foe. I just wanted to live.

      But now, I wish I was dead sometimes. The nightmares were getting worse, I didn't know how much longer I could take it.

     So I opened the door to the Hecate cabin silently, and let the cool, night air calm my nerves. I breathed in the scent of strawberries and immediately relaxed. This place really was home. I never exactly felt like I had belonged anywhere, even if I was in the "popular" crowd at school. I just felt different, and now I knew why. I was a demigod.

     Wandering over to the canoe lake, I sat on the dock and just thought for a minute. Thought about my life, my family, my new family here, my dreams, Cailee, and the time Cailee had told me we were children of the gods.

~~Flashback~~

    I laughed along with the rest of my friends at school. Corrin had just cracked another joke. Dang, that girl was hilarious. She made seventh grade a whole lot better.

     Cailee looked up from her lunch and smiled a little. I grinned back. That girl was cute... Even if she looked just like Corrin...

     The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, and we stood up to walk to class. I saw Corrin talking quickly to Cailee in German. They, for some reason, learned that. Don't ask me why. Cailee's arm were flailing everywhere. I smirked.

     Finally, Corrin gave a quick nod, and threw a sympathetic glance my way before leaving for her next class. What was that all about?

     Cailee and I had science at the same time, so we usually walked together. I met up with her at the doors of the cafeteria.

     "What was with all that?" I asked , knowing I shouldn't pry, but always being involved in her problems, being the amazing friend that I am.