Chapter Nine

(Nobody's POV)

Agatha awoke with a throbbing pain in her head, and Mal towering over her.

"Oh my God, Aggie, you're alive, thank God." She cried, throwing her arms around her sister. Mal had been worried sick, despite knowing Agatha technically couldn't die, simply because this was the fourth panic attack in five days, starting before they'd even left the Isle. Mal thought once they arrived in Auradon it would all stop, or at least calm down, but it had only gotten worse. The absence of Maleficent left Agatha in constant fear that her mother would pop out of nowhere.

"M, I can't die. Not unless a god or goddess kills me." Agatha started sniggering, then realised it hurt, so stopped. Mal cracked up too, still crying.

After a few minutes of idle chatting, Mal suddenly looked very serious. "Ags, I have bad news..." Mal said, clearly suppressing a smirk. Agatha put her hand to her head, catching on the joke, and feigning worry, "Sophie's in love again." Mal broke the news to her, then started laughing again, and Agatha couldn't resist letting out a snort.

"How will we manage? It's never happened before, it's an outrage! Sophie Anne, in love?" She feigned shock, Mal on the floor now, cackling so hard the nurse that had just entered was staring at the two with such disbelief Agatha thought she'd go a get a therapist or the school guidance counsellor right there and then.

She didn't. Instead, she cautiously wandered over, saying she had to check Agatha's blood pressure.

Agatha peered at her name tag, 'Amelie', it read.

"Pretty name, Amelie. You enjoy being a nurse?" She dug at the older woman in front of her. Amelie frowned, and shook her head, but Agatha could see she was trying to hide a smile. The woman had been treated as an object most of her life, not going to amount to more than a school nurse. This was bullshit. The amount of students that went crying to her when they were hurt! She hadn't even batted an eyelash when Agatha's friends had shown up at the nurses office carrying their unconscious, bleeding friend, practically begging her to help. But Agatha was the first person to treat her as a fucking human being, not someone to be ordered around when her patients wanted something.

Mal finally got herself together, and sat back down on the seat by Agatha's bed.

Mal frowned at the scars on her sisters arms, as Amelie took blood from a very visible against Agatha's pale complexion vein.

Agatha saw Mal's eyes on her arms, and when Amelie left, she looked at her twin with a apologetic smile, but Mal saw in her eyes that she couldn't promise it wouldn't happen again.

"Oh Ags, I love you so much, but please don't keep doing... that." Mal cast an anxious glance over at Amelie, who had come back with a few sanitising things. The nurse shook her head, a sign to say she's seen it all.

"Girls, I've seen teens giving birth, to teens walking in with their heads bleeding so badly you can see some of their brains." She said, grabbing a wet cloth and dabbing Agatha's scars, where her and Mal had done a shoddy job.

"Ew." Mal complained about the image in her head.

"I'm surprised there's any brain for you to see." Agatha retorted, causing Mal and Amelie to start snickering.

"Oh, Amelie, how old are ya?" Mal asked the nurse, just as she turned to leave.

"Twenty-four, now I gotta go, see y'all another time. Agatha, you're free to leave. Bye." Amelie replied, before turning around and leaving with a wave.

"She's not that much older than us." Mal acknowledged, turning to Agatha.

"M, she's eight years older. That's nearly a decade!" Agatha looked at her sister in shock.

"Ok but like... not that much." Mal shrugged.

"Whatever, let's get outta here, it's boring." Agatha rolled her eyes, and got up, using Mal for support.

"I'm sorry, Aggie. You never deserved any of the shit you went through. I love you so much." Mal said solemnly.

"I love you too M, and it's fine. I'm still here aren't I?" Agatha hugged her sister.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't be if you were mortal." Mal replied, giving Agatha a pointed look.

"Ehhh, not relevant." Agatha said, and the two continued walking, joking around and pushing each other.

They didn't see the glowing green light watching them, making sure they do what they were sent here for...