Chapter Twelve

She came to in the infirmary for the second time, her face tight from dried tears and her hands restrained by silk bows. Fucking hell, bows? Was she so problematic that they didn't have the materials to restrain somone? It was high school, no? Everyone's, well, high. Or was that just the Isle?

Her head hurt. The last thing she remembered was blacking out while being dragged away, her friends still beating the barrier, which made no move whatsoever.

The door opened, and Agatha lifted her head to see who walked in or out, but only saw a flash of blond hair.

"Tedros? What are you doing here?" She heard a nurse she didn't know ask the newcomer.

"I need the doses for today." The prince replied. Then, God knows why, he walked over to her bed.

"Fuck do you want?" Agatha snarled, not looking at him.

"How did you trick the symphs?" He asked, venom in his words.

"How did I trick the what?" She replied incredulously.

"The skeletal birds that dropped you lot on the different sides. You tricked them, didn't you?"

"Tricked them? Into putting us into Good? You're delusional." She scoffed.

"What did you do then?"

"Nothing! You really think I, daughter of Maleficent, of all damned people, would want to be in Good? Your brains bad for you, you should be the one restrained by silk bows that are probably the easiest things to slip out of."

The feeling of silk on her wrists suddenly disappeared, and she craned her neck, frowning. Tedros had the two strips in his hands. He chucked them at her. and she sat up, surprised there wasn't anything on her legs.

"...thanks?"

"You're welcome. Tell me what you did."

"I put an enchantment on the birds to drop us in opposite sides. Obviously."

"Well undo it! Tell them there's a mista- you're lying, aren't you?" He eyed her warily, his eyebrows raised slightly.

"Couldn't you see my majestic beam when it worked?"

"You were looking around, confused."

"Now you're getting it! Go away."

To her surprise, he did. Scowling and muttering about witch burnings, sure, but he still left. "Can you find Mal and tell her to come here?" She called after him.

"No!" He yelled back, thanking the nurse with a few bottles, grabbing the latter, and walking out, closing the door with a tad more vigor than necessary.

———

He did end up getting Mal. Agatha found this out when her sister rushed in, laid eyes on her bed, and ran over.

"Whoa, who died? Me?"

"What- no, Agatha tell me why in the hell Tedros just came up to me saying you wanted to see me?" Mal asked.

"Because I wanted to see you?"

"Why does he know that? Did he come in here? Why?"

"No, I spoke to him through the window, stupid. He wanted bottles of something. Didn't see."

"And he spoke to you? Why did you talk to him?"

"He came over to me! Besides, I am and was bored out of my mind, and he also threatened to burn me at the stake, stone me, all the old shit."

"Why?"

"Accused me of putting a spell on the birds. Mal, my head hurts, shut up. Also did you run here?"