Chapter Thirteen

"Yo! Tedros!" Chaddick was banging on the door, again. Tedros groaned, shoving his head under one of his pillows in a feeble attempt to drown his friend out. To say he was surprised when it didn't work would be like saying Agatha didn't live next door. But unfortunately, she did, and that was made known by Kiko in the oddest hours of the night. Last night, she'd been wailing that her favourite stocking was laddered, and, by the sound of it, Agatha had thrown down a book or something and darned it for her, much to Kiko's well-known appreciation. Ben had fallen asleep easier, but when Tedros (loudly, just to spite his neighbours) returned from his 4:00am morning workout, his roommate was nowhere to be seen. This wasn't odd, but it was so earl-

"TEDROS!" Chaddick boomed from outside after a few minutes of Tedros gazing at his sweat-lined jaw in the mirror. "Hurry up! I'll tell Agatha to knock your door down, she'd probably be able to do it. If she's awake..."

That got Tedros' attention, but before he could make any sound of protest, Chaddick had knocked. Tedros ripped open his door to make an excuse, only to find Agatha standing in front of him, arms folded.

"See, he doesn't sleep naked," Chaddick grinned. Agatha turned around and stared at him. "Was just a joke..." He mumbled.

"I would've done it if just to see your face when your door gets broken down, but I believe I'd get somewhat punished for vandalism." Agatha spun back to Tedros.

"You steal candy from Hansel's Haven all the time."

"And?"

"I'm pretty sure that counts as vandalism. Also, temptation is the path to Evil."

"I'm Maleficent's daughter. Don't think you can get any more 'Evil' than that if you tried."

"...right."

She went back to bed.

"What was that all about?" Chaddick smirked at Tedros, who pushed him.

"What are you talking about?"

"You. Flustered. Agatha. Thinking you're a weirdo." He grinned.

They jumped as something hit Agatha's door. "SHUT UP!" The sound of her voice yelled through her door. A bed creaked. Someone picked whatever had been thrown at the door up, and after a few footsteps, the bed creaked again. "I'll throw my shoe again."

The two boys, not wanting one of Agatha's clumps flying anywhere in their direction, even if there was a door in the way, scurried off, bickering and laughing.

———

At lunch, the Clearing was a mess of students, all crammed on their own sides, and, despite the cluster of people, there was a clear invisible like which no one crossed, separating Evers and Nevers. Agatha crossed that line, slammed her tray down in front of the Coven, who stared at her blankly, and sat down. Hester stole her sandwich. Agatha let her, shoving the tray of food away, knowing it would make her sick. On the Isle, she had gone days without food as a punishment, so despite being hungry all the time, she couldn't eat too much, especially Auradon food, which, compared to the Isle, was so good that her stomach hadn't adjusted to the mold-free meals. Besides, she was used to the hunger, what with it being something she'd lived with all her life, therefore there was no abnormality in the feeling. But if you placed a plate of food in front of her, she could inhale it, her hunger being something that never seemed to leave, which caused her to either be able to eat alarming amounts or feel too sick to eat more than three bites, depending on her stomach's 'mood', as she'd call it as a child. Agatha had seen no problem with being withheld from food as her siblings ate merrily, but as she'd grown, her mother's deceitful and spiteful ways were clear.