1. Eliza.

Eliza opened her eyes, she was lay down, moving. The last thing that she could remember was walking on the side of the road. She turned to her left, there was a man laying down next to her. He was Korean and pretty young. There was a woman beside him with short hair and a flannel shirt on.

"What the hell? What's going on? Who are you?" Eliza sat up and pushed herself into the corner of the truck. They were in the back of a truck, that's why the sky was moving.

"I don't know, I'm just as confused as you, kid. I'm Tara," the woman introduced herself. She had a nice smile, a kind one. Tara didn't look threatening at all. She didn't have any guns or weapons on her.

"I'm, um, I'm Eliza," she responded. Usually, she wouldn't tell a stranger her name, especially not with how people were nowadays. But she felt rude not to.

Tara nodded and gestured to the sleeping man. Eliza noticed that he was wearing a black suit full of armour. "That's Glenn," the man had cuts on his head and face and his head was resting on an orange backpack.

"The guy in the front said to put this on your head," Tara handed Eliza a balled up shirt, it was a mix of dark and light blue checkers. Eliza furrowed her eyebrows and touched her head, removing her hand and seeing the blood.

"What happened?" She took the shirt and pressed it to the side of her head. Tara shrugged.

"I don't know, you were already here when we got here."

"What do you mean? Are you not with these people?" Eliza furrowed her eyebrows again. Maybe it was the cut on her head messing with her, or maybe this conversation was just confusing.

Tara shook her head again and was about to respond when Glenn started to wake up. He pressed himself up off the orange bag and Tara put her hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, don't move. Here's some water,"

"Where are we?" Glenn's voice came out croaky and as if he had a dry throat. He probably did really need that water.

"I don't know," Tara shrugged and took off the bottle cap for him. "We were fighting biters and you passed out right after we left the prison. I didn't know what to do. The back of the truck seemed safer than the side of the road."

"Who are you? Are you with them?" Glenn turned to Eliza, who shook her head quickly.

"No, I thought you guys were," she responded. It wasn't the cut, this was genuinely confusing. If these people weren't with the others, why were they in the back with her?

Glenn got into a crouching position, he tried to stand up but he would've fallen with the speed that the truck was moving at, "Did we pass the bus? On- on the road, did we pass a bus?"

"Yeah," Tara nodded. She looked sad, like she knew this was going to upset Glenn.

"What did you see?" Glenn got slightly closer to her face. Tara just stared up at him for a moment, so he got closer to her again." What did you see?"

Tara looked around for a moment before replying to him. "They we're all dead."

Glenn's face dropped. "How long since we passed it?"

"Three hours," Tara looked down, seemingly ashamed or something. Glenn's eyes went emotionless as he glanced around for a moment, he turned to the window that separated the front of the truck from the back of the truck and started to tap on it.

"Hey, hey. Stop the truck!"

Tara started to bang against the truck too. "Hey! Numbnuts, stop the truck!"

"What the hell are you two doing? It's just a bus!" Eliza yelled over the two of them, Glenn completely ignored her and grabbed a gun that was next to her, hitting the window with it.