9. Screwed up.

The next morning, when Eliza woke up, still feeling just as humiliated as last night, Rosita gave her some spare jeans she had in her bag. Eliza put them on, they were slightly big around the waist and a little long on the legs. But she didn't mind, it was better than wearing the old bloodstained ones.

She sat on the floor in front of Abraham and Rosita in the main room of the Library while Rosita wrapped his hand up again. Every time the cut started to heal, he managed to open it back up again somehow. Usually from protecting Eugene.

"How you feeling?" Rosita turned her head towards Eliza. She instantly felt embarrassed. Abraham was there. We're you supposed to talk about these things in front of men? Eliza didn't know.

"Fine," she responded with a tight-lipped smile. She wasn't actually that good, her stomach was hurting and her back was aching. Not to mention the fact that blood was quite literally seeping from her insides out.

"Let me or Maggie know if you need anything else. We'll help," Rosita smiled back at her, another genuine smile. She then turned to look at Abraham. "I think we should stay here today."

"No," he replied instantly, turning his head slightly. "You got some reading you need to catch up on?"

Rosita scoffed and shook her head. Eliza could already tell how this was going to play out, they were gonna end up shouting at each other. "We got lucky yesterday. But we're all banged up, you especially."

Abraham sighed. "We've been through worse. We keep moving."

"Maybe," Rosita started sassily, "we always wind up stopping because we never start at a hundred percent," she raised her eyebrows slightly, awaiting Abraham's response. Eliza hated this, it was how her mom and dad would fight before the divorce.

"Every minute we waste getting him to Washington, people are dying," Abraham stated.

"You think I don't understand that?" Rosita smiled, an amused one this time. And pointed a finger at herself. "After everything? You see, I want us to actually get there."

"No, you want us to sit around," Abraham barely let her finish her sentence. "You want us to stop."

Thankfully, Maggie walked into the room and sat down on one of the black leather chairs that were pushed up against the walls. Eugene and Tara followed her into the room, copying her movements and taking a seat. Eliza was grateful that Abraham and Rosita weren't arguing anymore.

"This town isn't in bad shape," Maggie sighed as she sat down. She shrugged. "This store wasn't even touched. We could make a good base here. We could spend one last day doing a sweep for supplies."

"We'll sweep as we go," Rosita said, contradicting her previous words. "We've done it since Houston. We're not stopping now."

Abraham nodded for a moment and turned to the rest of them. "You heard the lady. We're taking it north."

Eliza noticed Glenn standing in the doorway. She was still embarrassed. The last time he saw her she was crying on the floor over her period. But he just gave a small smile and turned to look at Tara as she started speaking.

"We tapped out the toilet. Broad river is five miles west. At the very least, we stock up there before we find wheels."

Abraham uncrossed his legs and started to stand up. Eliza shuffled to the side to get out of his way. "We got a vehicle."

"I don't think the bus that set on fire counts as a vehicle we can use," Eliza raised an eyebrow. They definitely couldn't get anywhere in that minibus anymore.

Abraham walked over to the window and opened up a little peephole in the cardboard. "It just so happens...it's got five hundred gallons of water on it."