4. A damn war.

Eliza started to struggled and try to wiggle her hands free, trying to threaten the men through her gag. They didn't even spare her a glance.

Eliza was praying that Abraham, Rosita or even Glenn would run in to help her. To her surprise, after a couple of minutes, Bob and Glenn were actually dragged into the room. Alongside six other men. There were two that came in with Glenn and Bob, one of them very gruff-looking and another with a cold look in his eye.

Eliza was right in the middle of the line, in between Glenn and a stranger. The bald man behind her with an apron on was practicing his swing with the bat.

"All right," he walked to the end of the line, the other man following him. They stood behind a blonde man and the man with the bat hit him in the back of his head, then the other one reached forward with a blade and cut his throat open. Blood spilled out into the sink.

Eliza started to hyperventilate through her gag. She was about a minute away from that happening to her.

Next, they hit the man next in line and slit his throat. Then, the next one. The blood was edging closer and closer to Eliza. It started to run down the sink.

A man walked into the room with a notepad. "Hey, guys. What we're your shot counts?"

"Thirty-eight," the guy with the bat replied and then hit the guy next to Eliza. She couldn't help but let out a small squeal. The blood went onto her clothes as they slit his throat and moved behind her. She squinted her eyes shut and hit down on the gag.

"Hey!" the man with the notepad interrupted. "Your shot count?" He looked at the guy with the blade.

The other man sighed and stayed silent for a moment. "Crap, man, I'm sorry. It was my first roundup."

"After you're done here, go back to your point and count the shells," the notepad man held his arms out to his sides. Maybe he was the leader, giving out orders like that. "Kaylee won't be gathering them until tomorrow."

"Hey," Bob spoke through his gag. "Hey, let me talk to you."

The man ignored him and huffed. "Four from A, four from D? And the pretty girl?"

"Came in with a messed up leg, Mike said she wouldn't be any use," one of the other men explained.

"Awh. Damn shame," he sneered and gave Eliza an implying smile. She tilted her head and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Hey, let me talk to you for a minute," Bob continued to beg through the gag, making his words muffled.

"What?" The man sighed and pulled Bob's gag down.

"Don't do this. We can fix this."

"No, you can't," the man reached forward to pull Bob's gag back up.

"You don't have to do this," Bob raised his voice and the man took a step back. "We told you there's a way out of all this. You just have to take a chance. We have a man who knows how to stop it. He has a cure. We just have to get him to Washington. You don't have to do this, man. We can put the world back to how it was."

"Can't go back, Bob," the man pulled up Bob's gag whilst he begged him and repeated his words.

"We can! You don't have to do this!"

The man next kneeled in front of the man with cold eyes and pulled down his gag. "We saw you go into the woods with a bag and come out without it. Had to pull my spotters back before we could go look for it. What was in it? You hid it, right? In case things went bad? Smart. Still, we'll find it. But it's too dangerous to go out there right now," he pulled out a knife and then grabbed Bob's head, pulling him towards it and pointing it at his eye. He then turned back to the other man. "What was in it? I'm curious. And it was a big bag."