23. Leaving.

It had been about two and a half weeks since that night. Enid and Eliza were going good. They hadn't confirmed their relationship, nor had they kissed again, but they couldn't help but smile every time they looked at each other.

To everyone's surprise, Maggie was pregnant. Eliza couldn't wait to see her and Glenn and parents, they'd be good at it. Eliza remembered how Glenn comforted her when she had a panic attack.

The day before this one, Abraham and a couple of others went to a new place called the Hilltop. Eliza wanted to go, but Rosita wasn't going so she stayed home. Now, Everyone was gathered in the church.

"We can work with the Hilltop," Rick told everyone. "Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food, eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away," he paused. "These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, Abraham and Eliza on the road. Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those wolves did, just like Jesus did. They would've killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win...we do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place."

There was still a lingering feeling that it could be Coach Smith...but he wouldn't. He hated people like those men on the bikes.

Eliza stood up from her seat next to Eugene. "But what if it is the man that I know?"

Everyone knew that there was a chance Eliza knew Negan, some people had even stopped speaking to her whatsoever.

Rick shrugged and sighed. "That's the chance we've gotta take, Eliza. We can't let this go on."

Eliza scoffed and looked around. "Seriously? If- if it was someone else, someone you knew, you'd all be acting the same as me!"

"Eliza," Abraham turned around in his seat, speaking sternly. "We get it, but this ain't an option."

"Why the hell not?!"

"Because I damn said so, that's why," Abraham stood up, towering over her. He'd been losing his temper a lot with her lately. She'd been doing the same to him. Then, they'd apologise to each other and watch an old movie on a shitty quality TV.

"Abe..." Rosita mumbled, putting a palm to her face and shaking her head.

"What?" Abraham said. "The girl needs to learn how to listen," he mumbled and sat back down. Eliza felt her face turn red. Why'd he have to go and do that in front of everyone?

"You know what? Fine," Eliza retorted before walking out of the church.

It was stupid. They wouldn't admit it, but the only reason they weren't hearing her out was because she was a kid.

Eliza felt like she was burdening everyone. Hardly anyone even wanted to speak to her now, and the few who did were always yelling at her because she couldn't keep her attitude or her temper under control.

She was starting to remind herself of her mother.

🦋

Eliza leaned against Abraham and Rosita's doorway, there was a bag on the bed and Abraham was packing it. Eliza presumed he was packing for tomorrow where they were going to an outpost. Eliza wasn't sure if she was going or not yet.

Abraham hadn't spoken a word about Sasha and he'd looked happy with Rosita. Maybe he had gotten over this thing with Sasha, it had been a couple of weeks.

"Hey, I was wondering if you guys wanted to-"

Oh, Eliza was gravely mistaken.