22. Don't let up.

"What in the bitchnuts is this?" Abraham mumbled as the truck drove up to the gate. Eliza could see it, too. Walkers, everywhere, not just the odd one or two that had gotten in through the front of the gate. Hundreds of the dead fuckers.

"That's Maggie," Sasha stated, pointing up at the guard tower where Maggie was, holding onto it when it was clearly about to fall.

Then Eliza heard it. A spine-shivering scream. She knew that voice. Even if she didn't, she could feel it in her gut.

"No," she mumbled and looked at Daryl. "Stop the truck."

"What-"

"Stop the damn truck!" Eliza yelled.

Daryl slammed on the breaks and Eliza climbed out of the truck, running towards the gate and hitting the lock with her gun. Once, twice, three times until it broke off and then kicking the gate open.

"Enid!" Maggie screamed. Eliza knew it, but that just confirmed it.

The screaming just continued and the pit in Eliza's stomach kept on expanding. Enid was bit. She'd convinced herself.

Enid was pulling away from a walker, it was gripping onto her shoulders and she tried to push it back, but she couldn't do it.

"Enid!" Eliza yelled, raising her gun. It terrified her. She didn't have much strength in one hand, she was used to using two for a gun. If she shot went wrong, it was landing straight in Enid's head instead of the walker's. But she had to.

BANG!

The walker was on the floor. Thank God, the walker was on the floor.

Eliza ran over to Enid, who was still in shock from it all. "Are you bit?"

Enid just kept on staring at the walker on the ground and gasping for air.

"Enid!" Eliza put her hand to Enid's cheek and turned her so that they were making eye contact. "Are you-?!" She was cut off by Enid pressing her lips against her's.

For a moment, Eliza was in complete shock. What was happening? There was the sound of gunshots firing and people yelling, but the two were caught up in their own world.

After a moment, Enid pulled away and saw Eliza staring at her wide eyed. Enid covered her mouth.

"Oh, my god," Enid mumbled. "I'm so sorry. I just-"

"No," Eliza shook her head. A smile was now playing out on her lips. "It's- it's okay. It was good, not that I wasn't expecting it to be good...not that I was expecting it at all-"

"Hey!" Abraham yelled, standing on top of the truck which was parked in the middle of the gate. "Lovebirds. Don't ya think we've got bigger problems?" He joked.

"Right, yeah, sorry," Eliza shouted back and then looked at Enid. "Go to the truck. I'm gonna go help everyone else out."

Enid tried to grab onto Eliza's hand before she ran off, but it was too late. Eliza was running and pushing walkers to the floor, she could see a cap somewhere in the distance, and she knew exactly who that was. She kept on heading for them.

"Fuck you!" Rosita spat at the walker that she couldn't quite reach the head of since it kept on grabbing her arm. Eliza stuck her knife in the back of its head from behind.

"Jesus, I am saving everyone's ass today," she mumbled. Rosita's eyes were wide for a second, but then she shook her head and smiled.

"You're unbelievable."

"In a good way or a bad way?" Eliza asked, positioning herself next to Rosita and readying her knife for the walkers coming towards them.

"The best way," Rosita laughed.