10. GREATEM.

⚠️mention of ED in this chapter and it will be a constant theme throughout the book⚠️

"Oh, my god," Eliza looked up at Abraham. "He's dead! You killed him!" She panicked with a shocked look on her face.

"He ain't dead," Maggie shook her head, putting two fingers to Eugene's neck and checking his pulse. Eliza sighed and stood up, walking over to where Tara was sorting the water bottles.

Glenn walked next to her, he'd been stood on watch previously. "They got no clue we're here," he said to Tara once they reached her, referring to the fields of walkers.

"That's great news for GREATEM," she sighed, making both Eliza and Glenn furrow their eyebrows. "In less great news for GREATEM, we just scraped the bottom of the water barrel."

"What's GREATEM?" Eliza cocked her head slightly, her voice taking a higher pitch as she asked the question.

"Us," Tara gestured to the water bottles. Each of them had their initial on the cap, Eliza worried that hers and Eugene's would get mixed up. "Group name. Solidarity. Band of brothers," she gestured to the bottles again. "GREATEM. Thinking about getting a tattoo on my knuckles."

She tossed the one with a G on it to Glenn and the second one with an E on it to Eliza. "Sorry, I'm just trying to think of something else, you know?"

"Yeah," Glenn mumbled back to her as he unscrewed the bottle cap.

Maggie walked over from the front of the truck and Rosita came from behind them.

"Anything?" Tara asked, holding her arms out slightly.

Maggie shook her head. "No," there was a moment of silence before Glenn turned to her.

"Should we get him to the church?"

"Moving him could make him worse," Maggie responded sadly. Eliza didn't really know what to say in this moment, she didn't have any ideas.

"What will make him better?" Rosita asked, her hands on her hips and her cap keeping the sun off her face.

"Waking up. If he doesn't..." Maggie looked down sadly.

Eliza sighed and picked up the water bottle with an A on it, taking it over to Abraham, who was kneeling on the floor, and holding it out for him. "Come on. You need to drink something or you'll pass out."

Abraham didn't move so Eliza waved the bottle in front of his face. "Hello? Abe?" He still didn't do anything, so Eliza took on a firmer tone. "Seriously, you're acting like a five year old-" he hit the bottle out of her hands. "Well, that was a waste."

Eliza held her hands in the air and walked over to Rosita. "I'm not dealing with him anymore."

Rosita sighed and walked over to Abraham, putting her hands on her knees and looking directly into his eyes whilst she mumbled a few words to him. She started to raise her voice. "Look at me!"

Abraham suddenly stood up, towering over Rosita and edging towards her. Instinctively, Eliza put her hand on her knife. Just incase. Maggie did the same thing, holding her gun out to him.

"Sit down or I'll put you down."

Abraham stared at her for a moment before returning to his previous position and kneeling down.

Tara sighed and broke the awkward silence. "Well, what's next on the agenda?"

"Gotta get more water because that prick just wasted half of it," Eliza sighed and spun around. Maggie noticed Abraham turning to Eliza with a scowl, so she put her hand on her gun again and raised her eyebrows, silently repeating her previous threat.