3. Welcome to Terminus.

Please read: I changed the last chapter so that Eliza isn't interacting with the claimers, she went with Tara and Glenn into the tunnel instead.

The three of them started to walk through the tunnel together. It was pretty dark, but Glenn had the flashlight up. He started to talk. "After all this started, after I realized I'd never see my family, my friends again, I was numb. All day long, just numb."

That made Eliza think back to her old friends. Her mom. Her family friends. Their main family friends was two people who were friends with their dad. He was Eliza's gym coach too. Coach Smith and Lucille.

Lucille was nice. She had gotten cancer a few years back, but she never stopped being kind. And she made really good spaghetti.

Coach Smith always told her that when they were out of school and he was hanging out with her dad, she could call him by his first name, but she always felt too awkward to. She played soccer for his team, too.

"When Brian told us he wanted to take over the prison, I knew it sounded bad. When I found my girlfriend, she was dead. My niece. My sister, she was surrounded, pounced on. I saw it happen. But still, it wasn't as bad as seeing what he did to Maggie's father," Tara ranted with a solemn look on her face.

"Who's Brian?" Eliza asked slowly. She didn't know if it was her place or too private of a question to ask, but she wanted to know.

"The Governor. The guy who killed my wife's father," Glenn told her sadly. Maybe he was close to the guy.

🦋

They carried on walking for a while until there was a collapse in the middle of the tracks, a pile of boulders and rocks. Walkers were sticking out, reaching their arms towards the three. Glenn walked around the side, holding his flashlight up.

"The blood is still wet. This had to have happened today," Tara assured Glenn.

"Hold this," he passed the flashlight to Tara and took his knife out. Then, he took the flashlight back and started to put the walkers down one by one. He was doing it slowly, as if to check that they weren't his wife.

Eliza and Tara started to help each other climb up the rocks and Glenn got up by himself. There was a bunch of walkers on the other side, but Glenn wasn't getting down.

"Glenn, what the hell are you doing?" Eliza whispered as he just inspected each of the walkers from a distance.

"She's not one of them," Glenn's voice was shaky but also relieved in a sense.

"What?" Tara and Eliza said in unison.

"There's no bodies on the ground. That means Maggie made it through. She made it through," Glenn explained.

"That doesn't mean we're gonna make it through," Eliza held her arms out to her sides.

"We have to get rid of them," Glenn said.

"We don't have enough ammo," Tara sighed. Glenn wasn't thinking straight, he was just thinking about Maggie.

"Then we'll push through," Glenn suggested impatiently.

"We can't," Eliza shook her head quickly.

The three started to climb back down over the rocks and Glenn put his flashlight on the opposite side to where they were going to climb over to distract the walkers. They were falling for it.