|Eighty Nine|

Words: 1225

In my heart, you're always near,
Whispering secrets, crystal clear.
None can replace the love you bear,
You're my forever, for all of time, I swear.

- Taehyung

┈┈┈┈┈❄️┈┈┈┈┈

Taehyung Pov

I sighed as soon as I heard my mom's voice through the phone. She had been talking for 30 minutes straight, all with the same message - I needed to get out and clear my thoughts. 

She knew about my love towards Y/N through the hyungs, and she was happy, which didn't last long as she came across the news of Y/N's death.

Mom: Tae, I can understand how you're feeling, but please, just go out and meet Haeri.

Me: Haeri? But isn't she in the US?

Mom: Yes, she came to Korea for a few days, and she's returning to the US in two days. She called me yesterday and informed me about her visit.

I just hummed in response.

Haeri was a friend of mine, but I wasn't particularly close to her. I only had a few female friends, and Aera and Haeri were among them.

However, something about Haeri's behavior always felt off. She looked at me with emotions I couldn't quite understand, and her actions were often peculiar.

Mom: Tae! Are you listening?

Me: Ah, yes, Mom.

I snapped out of my thoughts.

Me: What's up, Mom?

Mom: Go and meet her. She mentioned that she'd be at the Xxx cafe today at 4.30 pm.

I hummed reluctantly.

She then hung up.

I got ready and went to the cafe with Jackson.

I entered the cafe while he waited in the car.

The cafe was bustling as I entered, and I couldn't help but feel a sense of trepidation. 

Meeting Haeri was one thing, but my heart and mind were still entangled in the memories of Y/N. 

The wound of her supposed death was still fresh, and it would be difficult to let someone else into my life.

I spotted Haeri sitting at a corner table. She waved me over, and a warm smile adorned her face. Haeri was indeed a pretty girl, with her dark hair and bright eyes. She looked happy to see me, and her enthusiasm can be sensed.