12-1

As Gu Yun Zheng mentioned to Su Wei An before, he and Director Qin of the Department of Internal Medicine opened a consultation clinic for Huntington's chorea. Gu Yun Zheng took Su Wei An with him, and Director Qin also took the doctors in his department. They all worked together to provide better care for the patients. Provide more comprehensive diagnosis and treatment.

Because it was a newly opened outpatient clinic and a special outpatient clinic of the consultation center, there were not many patients, so Director Qin and Gu Yun Zheng took their time to see them one by one.

Although there are not many patients, they all have their own stories. There are patients who have just been diagnosed. They are told that there is no good treatment for this disease yet. They are desperate and frightened and seek medical treatment everywhere. They don't know whether they should let their children go. For genetic testing, there are also patients who are already in the advanced stages of the disease, and their family members come here to try and have a look.

One of them, an aunt in her fifties, had reached the point where she could no longer recognize people and had difficulty speaking. Her husband brought her over in a wheelchair: "I heard that you can do such things here...brain pacemaker surgery, can you do that?" Make one for our old lady?"

Although it could be seen at a glance that the aunt's condition was very serious, Director Qin and Gu Yun Zheng carefully checked her entire condition. Then the two of them looked at each other. Director Qin said to the family members cautiously: "The patient has appeared. She has clear symptoms of cognitive difficulties and is unable to cooperate with the postoperative program control. I am afraid that the surgery will not be of much help to her. The patient's condition is indeed too severe."

The family members stood aside for a while and then asked in dialect: "Is it too late?"

Director Qin nodded with a heavy heart.

The family members sighed heavily and said, "I have been thinking about saving up money for her surgery, but I finally saved enough money, but there is no chance for surgery."

Hearing these words made everyone present feel a little uncomfortable, but the family members pretended to be carefree and shouted to the patient in the wheelchair: "Old lady, your life is not in good shape!"

Director Qin then wrote a subsequent treatment plan for the patient, but at this point in his illness, it was just some comfort that was better than nothing. After seeing the disease for so many years, the patient's family members were well aware of this, but they still expressed their gratitude to the director respectfully.

After the director's diagnosis and treatment was over, Su Wei An took the patient and his family members outside the clinic and explained the precautions to the family members again to ensure that he understood them all.

The uncle nodded in agreement, lowered his head and said to the patient: "Look at this doctor, he cares about you so much!"

The patient in the wheelchair no longer responded to his words, but her arms were still moving involuntarily. Then, a line of saliva flowed from the corner of her mouth. The uncle quickly took out the handkerchief he always kept in his pocket and leaned over. He wiped himself clean for his wife.

The sick aunt had no idea what was happening in front of her. She just couldn't stop her hands from moving around and hit the uncle from time to time. It seemed that the force was not too weak, but the uncle didn't care at all.

When he stood up to collect the handkerchief, the uncle said: "Don't look at her like this now. When she was young, she loved to be beautiful the most. If you see yourself like this now, you must blame me for not taking good care of her!"