9-2

Su Wei An was startled and didn't know what she said wrong.

He looked at her, and every word seemed to be squeezed out from between his teeth: "What do you mean you don't care?"

Su Wei An was silent for a moment and said: "Yun Zheng, what we have to admit is that Huntington is a terminal disease with no cure. Even if we try our best, the possibility of finding a way to reverse it is only one in ten thousand. I realize that I live and do experiments for a day, even if I just hit a wall, it is to save myself. But you are different. You already have a good foundation in the field of glioma. You have the opportunity to become an influential expert. I don't want you to do it. Make unnecessary sacrifices and live with me in vain hope."

Why does she think it is a unnecessary sacrifice? And why does she think it is an illusory hope?

In short, since he decided to start Huntington's project, he has carefully reviewed nearly a hundred documents. No matter how difficult it is, every step and every experiment is something that he thinks can be done and will be meaningful. Plans for the next five or ten years were made, and she was making breakthroughs bit by bit. But it turned out that in Su Wei An's heart, she just regarded it as a day-to-day pastime, and never thought about being with him. Have you walked this long road together?

She has been holding back from the beginning, is she so afraid of carrying his research career? If she is already so scared, how can she bear the promise of his life?

He was suddenly angry, so angry that he didn't want to say a word to her. He turned around and walked towards the laboratory door without looking back.

Su Wei An was stunned and tried to stop him: "Gu Yun Zheng?"

He ignored it.

Seeing his figure disappear from sight, Su Wei An understood that she probably didn't know what words she said that offended Professor Gu. She was thinking about what to do when she saw Gu Yun Zheng coming back from the door. He squinted and walked directly in front of her. Before Su Wei An could realize what was going on, he grabbed her wrist and led her away.

Because she knew that Gu Yun Zheng was a little angry, Su Wei An didn't dare to ask a word. She didn't realize that this was the direction home until she left the hospital door.

No matter how angry or annoyed he was, he would never leave her alone.

He will take her home.

Without saying a word along the way, Su Wei An followed Gu Yun Zheng quietly. When they got home, Gu Yun Zheng still ignored her and just went into the kitchen to prepare dinner.

Su Wei An was ahead of him, washing her hands and making soup. Gu Yun Zheng didn't stop her, just looked at her from the side.

Su Wei An knew that he had something to say, but she didn't ask, just busy with the work in her hands.

She didn't know how long it had passed, but she heard his deep voice coming from behind her. It was very soft, very slow, and word for word.

He said, "For An An, although I said before that I wanted to put some pressure on you, I don't dare not tell you anymore. No matter what, whether it is a scientific research project or a career, those are my own decisions. I don't need anyone else to be responsible, especially you. I don't care if the possibility is one in 10,000 or one in 100 million. I will walk this road with you to the end."

There is no needless sacrifice. Why would it be a needless sacrifice to devote one's career to seriously studying a disease?

Su Wei An turned on the faucet and rinsed the vegetable leaves in her hands, organized his words, and said calmly: "I know you don't need others to be responsible, and I also know that you are not someone who will do things rashly without a plan. I believe you , so I said those words not to test your sincerity towards me, nor to test your determination to do the project, but because I know that with your ability, you can continue to work in the field of glioma that you are more familiar with, you can faster to become an influential expert rather than entering an unfamiliar field and starting from scratch. I don't want you to make such a choice because I don't want you to be blinded by emotion. I want to see, in my lifetime, Until you become as good a person as you wanted to be in the first place, because you are the person I like."