part 1

lee hana was the best friend you could ever ask for.

when you met during freshman year of college you knew that you would be best friends forever. she was the missing piece that you were missing in a lot of ways. so, when she asked if you wanted to find a place to rent together you couldn't possibly turn her down.

you decorated the apartment you found so that it could be deemed as 'your shared home'. parts of you both were mangled around the apartment, wherever you looked there were pieces of each other somewhere. hana's favourite photography works she's taken, your ugly wool throw blankets that you insisted on having and both of your dirty dishes piling up in the sink because you both hated doing dishes.

though, you both lived wonderfully together. you managed to cook almost everyday regular meals that were somewhat healthy and made sure the other one was getting to class on time. you figured that you would continue to live with her for the rest of your early-mid twenties.

until she got a boyfriend.

don't get it wrong, you loved jay; but you despised him for taking away your perfect roommate.

you were worried at first when hana sat you down and told you she'd be moving out by the end of the month. her and jay had decided to take their relationship further and she agreed to move into his apartment with him. you knew that your lease wouldn't end until the rest of the year, meaning that you would have to pay the rent for two people even though it'd be only you living here. which, you did not have the money for as a broke college student.

"but don't worry!" hana smiled at you from her spot on the couch when she broke the news, "i've found you another roommate who is just like me! so there won't be any problems."

you sigh, because there are usually always problems if hana isn't involved. meaning, you will most definitely hate your new roommate, hana's replacement.

"don't sigh like that y/n!" hana smacks your shoulder, "he's seriously a perfect mix of you and i, you'll like him."

"him?!" you exclaim, shaking your head no to the fact that you will have to live with a boy.

"y/n, just give him a chance! you haven't even met him yet!"

you glare at your best friend and soon-to-be-ex-roommate with displeasure at the new information she was laying on you. "but he's a boy, hana! he's gonna ruin our woman sanctuary here!"

"y/n, i don't think this has been a woman sanctuary since we've moved in,"

"but it could be, if you stay living here,"

"y/n, i already told him he could have my room, I care about him a lot." hana juts out her lips into a pout, her pretty features contorting into begging ones as she desires your approval.

"fine, but i want him to at least try to contain his man testosterone to one room," you sigh, giving in to your best friend. her squeals reach your ears quickly as she leans over to pull you into a hug.

"you're gonna love him! you won't even want me back as a roommate,"

"who even is he?"

"his name's heeseung,"

"heeseung?"

"yeah," hana shrugs casually, "my brother."

"what?!" you exclaim at her again. you had never met her family before, both of you growing up in different states made it hard to meet each others. hana was usually private about her family, not talking much about them either way. you were aware that she had an older brother, but you would have never thought that you would come to live with him. "hana, what."

hana lets out her familiar roistering laugh at your shocked expression, "i told you he was just like me- and if he's just like me then he's just like you!"

you pout, "we'll see about that."