Part 17

the morning sun filtered through the curtains and onto your sleeping bodies wrapped in your sapphire sheets. you realize that your once naked body was no buttoned up in the black and white flannel you stole from heeseung all those months ago when he first moved in.

heeseung's arm was wrapped around your core, pulling you into his chest as he continued to sleep. you watch him for a while, not believing that he was finally more than a roommate to you, more than, uh oh, your best friend's older brother. suddenly, you're filled with anxiety as you watch the peaceful boy sleep.

as if he could somehow sense your shift in mood, heeseung's bambi eyes open and look at you. a soft smile on his lips once he realizes that you're also awake and still wrapped in his arms. but, his smile drops when he catches the worry that is covering your face.

"what did we do last night?" you ask him, your eyes search his for help.

heeseung sighs, his morning voice comes out deep in your ear as he speaks, "nothing wrong, y/n." his hand comes up and brushes your disshelved hair out of your face, "i like you, and you like me. you don't regret it do you?"

you shake your head against your pillow, "no, i don't regret anything about it or you." you admit to him, trying to hide the shy smile that plays on your lips for a second, "but what are we going to tell hana, she's going to be so mad at me."

suddenly, just as the sleep was finally leaving your body, your bedroom door bursts open, and lee hana stood there, her arms crossed over her chest.

"shit," heeseung grumbled as he looked at his sister.

"well, well, well, look who's all cozy in y/n's bed." hana's voice is loud like usual as she speaks.

"hana!" you sit up on your elbows, "this isn't what it looks like, i mean-."

hana's laugh cuts you off, "relax y/n. jay and i totally fell asleep in heeseung's bed last night and i think i heard your little... adventure." she winks at you, "i knew you two would hit it off eventually."

"what were you guys doing in my bed?" heeseung asks, but his question goes unanswered.

"hana, i, i can't believe this."

hana chuckles and leaned against the doorframe, "well i did warn you that heeseung would be a catch since he's exactly like me." she says with a mischievous gleam in her eye. "now, i think you guys are gonna have to resign the lease together before it's up."

you and heeseung exchange amused glances, the thought obviously appealing to you. your worries that have been on your mind since the day you met heeseung have now finally, finally faded as hana accepts your relationship. the relationship hana somehow knew would happen before you did. it seemed like your life was taking an unexpected but perfect turn as you laughed and teased hana to go back to her own apartment for once.

you smile at heeseung, happy that he's no longer just your roommate, or your best friend's hot older brother, but he's your boyfriend. you're soulmate. your connection, grown through late movie nights, chinese takeout and stupid misunderstandings is strong, and wonderful.

and you're so glad that lee hana moved out.