Part 5

besides their smiles, heeseung and hana seem to only have one other thing in common. which is their ability to get comfortable anywhere.

you had made sure to tell heeseung to make himself feel at home, since it is home now. at least it is for four months. you didn't want to be those awkward roommates that feel like they have to sneak around the apartment to not piss off the other roommate.

but, for a moment, you forgot who he was related to.

so, heeseung made himself comfortable really quickly. by the third week of living together he was already settled in and acting like he had owned the place for years.

you learnt quickly that heeseung really likes music. his cd collection taking over his room was the first sign of his passion. when he mentioned he is a dance major at your university, it was not that big of a shock to you. you also quickly caught on to him seemingly always having his earphones in, the white cord trailing from his ear to his phone he always carries with him.

you didn't mind heeseung's obsession with music, in fact you found it interesting he could listen to music for so long without a stop. you didn't think it would ever be a bother to you.

except for now.

you are in your room trying to finish writing your qualification letter to the university's library so you could become a student librarian this year, which you procrastinated so much that you only have two days before the school year starts to hand it. it is like you are having a severe writer's block and could not think of why you should be the one with the librarian position. you love going to the library to study and to read, you spent your entire first year in the library so much that hana said you should just move in there. having this student librarian position would be good for your career as you wanted to become a teacher abroad.

you were getting frustrated at your lack of writing for this letter when you started to hear music coming from heeseung's bedroom across the hall. it was loud and it was some aggressive heavy metal music. you take a breath and decide that it's a sign that you need to take a break from this letter. you push your laptop to the side and lay down, covering your eyes with your arm draped over your face.

even with your eyes closed you can still see words going across your eyes, not being able to stop thinking about what you could possibly write in your letter. you lay there trying to think of something, anything, but everytime you think you get somewhere it seems to be stupid and then heeseung's music fades into your ears again.

when you've finally had enough of laying there, getting nowhere with your letter and heeseung's music having no sign of stopping, you toss your sapphire sheet off of your legs and stand up, beelining it right to heeseung's door. without a hesitation you knock on his door, and a second later the music stops and it opens.

heeseung stands in the doorway now, his brown bangs practically stuck to his forehead with sweat and his bambi eyes immediately looking down at your figure. his cheeks are flushed a red hue that almost matches the colour of his lips that are parted as he breathes. but you can't properly match the colour of his cheeks to his lips because you realize he is shirtless standing in front of you.

sweat droplets are trailing down his tanned skin like they're racing each other. his broad shoulders that you couldn't have stopped yourself from noticing weeks ago are now plain in sight for your eyes to drink in. his abdomen is full of muscles that move with his chest as he practically pants, trying to catch his breath in front of you.

"what's up?" his voice successfully breaks you out of the trance you were somehow put in.

"uh," you shake your head trying to grab onto all of the thoughts that were filling your head, "i'm trying to write my student librarian application letter and i can't focus because your music is too loud." you try to sound as angry and frustrated as you were one minute ago, but your words only come out mediocre when you speak.

"oh shit, i'm sorry," heeseung's hand brushes his damp bangs out of his eyes, his face forming into a sorry expression as he looks down at you. "i was working out because the university gym isn't open yet– i'll put my headphones in."

"right, okay." you speak, trying to not focus on the way his muscles flexed in his arm when he pushed his bangs back.

"good luck on your letter," heeseung smiles at you and it triggers reality for you as you quickly back up and enter your own room.

"thanks." you say to him, closing your bedroom door so you're out of view of each other.

you hold onto the doorknob until you hear heeseung's door click shut and you let out a breath of relief as your body laxes. you climb back into your sapphire sheets, thankful for the coolness of them that will bring down your flushed hot state.

when you realize your panties are damp against your skin, you make a pact to yourself– and to hana– that there is no possible way you will find your best friend's brother hot.