Part 14

"at least you seemed to have fun." heeseung's voice rings out behind you as you shut the door, later on in the night.

you turn and see your roommate leaned up against the kitchen island, arms crossed over his chest with a displeased look on his face.

"yeah, i did. and so what?" you huff at him, starting to head straight for your bedroom, "sorry you hate seeing me have fun."

heeseung's hand reaches out and grabs your wrist, stopping you from moving forward, "y/n." your name sounds so desperate coming from him. "sorry, i didn't mean it like that- i'm, i'm just–."

"just what, heeseung?" you rip your wrist out of his grip. "why can't i dance with jeongin? and why'd you have to tell everyone i drank too much, why do you even care how much i drink?"

heeseung's face drops and it makes you scoff, turning around again to head to your room, "y/n!" heeseung reaches forward, so both of his hands are on each of your shoulder, forcing you to look at him, "please, just let me talk for a second."

you sigh, but give into his bambi coloured eyes, "fine."

heeseung lets out a breath, "i- i care, because i like you. i like you a lot." a small gasp leaves your mouth at his confession, "i like that you're shy when it comes to physical touch, i like that you'd make yourself blind just to finish an assignment– i like how passionate you are about libraries and books and writings! i like, everything about you."

your heart started beating at heeseung's words, a rush of emotions washes over you as you stand before him. his confession has taken you completely by surprise. you had never thought lee heeseung would have actual feelings for you– his little sister's best friend, and his roommate.

you felt your cheeks turn pink as you looked into his serious, genuine eyes. you force yourself to respond to him, "heeseung, i didn't know you felt this way. i wasn't expecting this at all." you hear heeseung gulp as his hands start to loosen on your arms. "but, i care about you, heeseung. more than i can put into words. i like you, heeseung. more than you'll ever truly know."

heeseung's face instantly lit up with your words, his beautiful smile taking up his entire face. "y/n, you seriously mean so much to me, and i, i want to be more than just your stupid roommate."

"hee, i want that, too."

heeseung removes his hands from your arms and carefully place them on your cheeks, cradling your face, bringing your faces closer to each other. you swallow harshly as your lips brush together for the first time. you instantly feel the connection you thought you had just been imaging soar through your veins.

time seemed slow in that exact moment. it was just you and heeseung, kissing each other. kissing the only other person who truly understands you and never judges you. the kiss symbolized just the beginning of your relationship with heeseung.