Part 9

the last few weeks of fall in your once sanctuary of a home, turned into an awkward hell. it was easy to distance yourself from heeseung at first from your hours at the library and his hours spent choreographing for the dance concert. the apartment was usually empty until late hours of the night, which were spent solely for sleep until you woke up and left quietly again in the morning.

heeseung tried to speak to you at first, always asking if you wanted to watch a movie on the couch with him, or if you wanted another bowl of cereal. both things that you used to look forward to with heeseung, but had to turn down for the sake of your relationship with hana and heeseung. everytime you denied, you could see a deeper frown on heeseung's face when he turned away.

his efforts to speak quickly faded just as quickly as he was denied. your only conversation was swift hi's and byes as you passed each other at the front door. when both of you were home, which was rare, both of you stayed in your rooms.

you distracted yourself in your room with your studying, but hearing his laughter while he played video games with his friends echoing in the walls, only made you distracted with the thoughts of how much you missed his laugh and smile. but those thoughts were quickly fought with the fact that you should not miss your best friend's brother's laugh.

after a tiring day of classes and a shift at the library, you didn't expect to come home to a bunch of boys lounging around your apartment. you hang your coat at the front door as all of their eyes land on you.

"hey, y/n!" heeseung's cheery voice calls from the kitchen.

"uh, hey." you respond, a shy smile spreading on your face as you greet everyone.

"these are my friends- jeongin, beomgyu and theo." you smile as heeseung introduces them, all of them greeting in response politely. you try to pretend like hana didn't show you pics of the Sigma Fidi members a few days ago so you know who exactly is sitting in your living room.

"heeseung you didn't tell us your roommate was so pretty!" the one with long black hair who you recognize as yang jeongin speaks, his eyes almost sparkling as he speaks.

"yeah, you really are so pretty!" theo smiles at you. "isn't she, hee?"

with the dim kitchen light, you can still see a hint of pink hit heeseung's face as he continues to pour juice in a cup. "um, yeah- of course." you felt exposed standing in your own living room and you quickly wanted to get to your peaceful bedroom and away from this group forming.

jeongin tsks at his best friend's response, "c'mon heeseung, make it seem more meaningful than that!"

heeseung stops pouring and looks up at you, taking in your pink cheeks of embarrassment and the cold, fall wind before quickly glancing back to his friends, "she's really pretty."

"that's it!" theo laughs tossing his head back to laugh at how embarrassed his friend looks. "if you're gonna compliment someone, you gotta mean it."

the apartment goes silent as you try to decipher what you should do next.

just as you're about to beeline it to your bedroom after offering a quick goodnight, beomgyu speaks from his side of the couch, "oh and y/n!"

you turn, forcing an awkward smile on your face, "yeah?"

"thanks for letting me sleep over a few weeks ago." his smile beams up at you.

"you slept over?" you ask him, confusing covering your face at the news.

"uh, yeah... the night jaehyuk had a party i came back here with chaeryeong and passed out."

"the night of jaehyuk's party..." you speak out loud, trying to comprehend what you were hearing.

"yeah, the night you went out with hana... i slept in your bed that night, that's why i was worried you didn't come home." heeseung speaks up from the kitchen. "i never got a chance to tell you i slept there... sorry."

"oh..." you place your hand on your head... so it wasn't heeseung having sex in his bedroom that night- it was beomgyu, "no, it's fine, yeah."

"are you okay?" jeongin asks you, a worried expression on his face.

"yeah, i just- yeah i'm good- just a long day so i'm gonna go to bed."

"alright, it was nice meeting you!" theo waves to you, which is followed by the other three saying goodnight, too.

in your bedroom you had to fight the urge to laugh. the amount of relief you had now that you learnt heeseung hasn't fucked someone. it was laughable how worried you got for something that could've been easily avoided. if you had just gone into your bedroom that night you would've found heeseung awake in your bed, waiting for your return. the thought of heeseung laying in your bed makes you wonder what he thought of your room. if he liked the smell of your sheets or perfume. if he even paid attention to those details about you.

the group of boys laughing in the living room makes you move from your bedroom door, suddenly extra ready for bed now that something that has been eating at you for weeks is finally cleared up. you crawl into bed, wondering if heeseung had put his head where yours is, and you wonder if it's okay to think of your roommate this way.

soon after, you decided that you can't avoid heeseung forever, and honestly it was getting tiring trying to stay away from him. so, instead of heading to the library to study for hours after your last class of the day– you headed home. you could feel your cozy blanket on your body the more you got closer to your apartment. you imagined eating a bowl of ramen in bed before taking an afternoon nap as soon as you got home.

the thought of heeseung being home not in your plan for the day as you assumed he would be at one of his many dance classes, or teaching his new choreography to the other dancers for the concert that was quickly approaching. you wonder what heeseung will say when he sees you home before him for once. you giggle to yourself when you try to imagine the look on his face.

when you open your apartment door, you quickly realize that the afternoon you had planned was in fact, not happening. the tv was turned off as heeseung sat on the couch. the sunlight from the large window panning onto him as he sat with his back completely against the cushion. his head was tilted back, his brown hair shaggy on his head, desperately needing a haircut that you didn't want. his brown, bambi eyes were closed and his mouth hung open.

it only took a second for you to notice the rest of him, his body shaking and panting. your eyes glance down to where his hand was wrapped around his cock. the red tip oozing precum as heeseung continued to jerk himself off. your mouth opened, wanting to say something– anything, but you couldn't. you knew this image of heeseung would forever be ingrained into your brain, but you can't look away at how beautiful he looks, with each droplet of sweat catching on the sunlight.

your body rests on the right side of your body, moving the door an inch– the perfect inch that makes the door squeak, causing heeseung's eyes to fly open. when they meet you, they widen, curses flying out of his mouth. "oh y/n! fuck!"

you turn your head, your hand covering your eyes, "sorry! sorry! i didn't see anything!" you hear heeseung scrambling around, probably pulling his pants up and knocking things over in his surprised state. you felt your heart rate speed up, a feeling of anxiety taking over and you decide that you can't take this right now and slam the front door after you. you're practically running down the hallway of your apartment building, taking the stairs down instead of waiting for the slow elevator, needing to get away from this situation fast. because there's just no way you just watched heeseung masturbate.

this is definitely not normal for roommates.