Part 8

it was hours later, further into the night when you got back to yours and heeseung's shared apartment. it was quiet and dark, as you expected since it was reaching 3am. your familiarity with the apartment was your only guidance to your bedroom.

within inches from your bedroom, you heard it.

a muted moan through the walls.

your entire body tensed and retracted your hand that was about to touch your bedroom's door knob. a thump followed by a woman's giggle from the other side of the hallway made you stand up straight. and then it was clear what was happening in your roommate's bedroom.

you never expected heeseung to bring home someone. it was never even mentioned between you two. he's never even brought home a friend before as they always just wait outside for him.

a deep, nauseous feeling overcomes you and you curse yourself for drinking tonight. without thinking much- only the vibrant thought of 'i can't be here anymore' flashing in your mind, you turn back the way you came, catching a glimpse of high heels at the front door. you only stop when you're in the lobby of your apartment.

the moonlight is filling up the entire room, bringing some comfort to you as tears start to well up in your eyes. you know the reason why you're crying, but you refuse to accept it and blame it on the alcohol. you sit down on the small couches that the lobby holds for visitors, and accept your fate of sitting here for the rest of the night.

you didn't know what to do. you couldn't go to hana's because then she'd obviously ask why you're upset. and what're you gonna say? that you're upset because you've developed a crush on your roommate that happens to be her brother and that the thought of him fucking another girl in your apartment makes you feel like you're rotting from the inside out? that wouldn't go well.

because you know how hana would feel to have trusted you to live with her brother just for you to ruin it all. she was never close with heeseung in the first place, so to have her best friend have feelings for him? it just seems out of the question. why would she want her best friend to date her basically estranged older brother? even after tonight, when she asked question after question about your relationship with heeseung, she seemed off. she seemed like she wanted to know that you and heeseung are just friends. you wouldn't even put it past her to be secretly happy that you told her everything is just normal roommates between you two.

if only she knew how not normal it was. roommates don't sleep with their heads on each other's laps. they don't drool over the other when they're working out. their hearts don't flip when they see each other in the hallways at school. and they most definitely don't get upset when the other is fucking someone else.

you sigh frustratedly, swearing to wipe the last tear off of your cheek and rest your head on the arm rest of the small couch. it's small enough for your legs to curl up on, but it does nothing from the small gushes of air that circulate your dress-clad body. you fight the urge to go to sleep, but soon give in, the last thought being of heeseung and the unknown betrayal he just carried out.

when you woke up, the pale moonlight had turned into a warm yellow glow.

which was being blocked by your apartment's front desk worker, jongho. you sit right up when your sleepy mind clears and you realize he's glaring right at you.

"good morning, y/n." his monotone voice speaks to you.

"uh, hi, jongho." you try to speak cheerfully to distract him from the fact you probably smell like alcohol and are passed out in the public lobby.

"have a good sleep?"

"uh, yeah! just wanted to see how comfy these couches are, you know?"

"no, i don't know as i would think my own bed would be far more comfortable."

you cringe at his words, standing up and avoiding eye contact as he scolds you. "yeah, i should go see just how comfortable my bed is- sorry." you wave smally at him as you head to the elevator, wanting it to come faster as you could still feel jongho's eyes on you as he makes his way back to his desk.

"have a good day, y/n." he calls out to you when the elevator door closes with you inside. you only then let out the breath you didn't know you were holding when his cold eyes leave your body.

out with that breath and in with the thoughts of what the hell you're about to walk into as the elevator quickly takes you to your floor. you mumble a curse as you see the mess you look like in the elevator's mirror. scrambling to fix your hair and wipe the fallen eyeliner as walk to your door.

your quick plan to quietly sneak into your bedroom and act as if you didn't just freak out that heeseung was having sex with a girl and sleep on a basically public couch all night failed just as quickly as you thought of it.

as soon as you entered your apartment, lee heeseung was standing at the kitchen island, glaring at you with eyes almost as cold as jongho's. "where the hell have you been?" your eyes catch the floor where you saw the high heels hours ago and take a mental sigh of relief when you see that they're gone. she probably walked right past you when you were passed out on the couch. "hello?"

your body tenses again when heeseung's tone matches his eyes. his hands stop mixing whatever's in the bowl as he takes in your figure.

"i went out, to the bar with hana last night." you reply, easing off your own high heels at the front door.

"and so you couldn't answer a text? i was worried."

it's then that you realized you left your phone in your purse on the couch last night when you came home. mentally slapping yourself. "i forgot it, so i slept at hana's."

"i thought you said you never wanted to sleep in an apartment with jay and hana again?"

you shrug, not finding any humour this morning. "i was drunk."

"ok, well i'm making eggs if you want some."

you shake your head no as you whisk up your forgotten purse, "no thanks. i'm just going to go to sleep."

"oh, ok." heeseung's tone drops, "see ya later then."

you're too upset to respond as you smell a woman's perfume come from heeseung's bedroom when you walk past. your bedroom is like a safeway for you as you close the door, your back sliding against it as your knees give up from under you. the events from last night seem too much for your body to take. first with hana interrogating you about heeseung, finding out heeseung's friends are assholes and then hearing heeseung, your best friend's brother that you have a crush on, have sex with someone else in your shared apartment. it felt like the world was against you.

you tiredly crawl around to slip on some sweatpants, throwing heeseung's black and white flannel that you borrowed to the other side of your room that you stumbled on. when you crawl into your covers, ready for some sleep in your own bed you decide two things :

you need to make some distance between heeseung and you and

you're never going to a bar again.