Chapter 21

It was later on the day after the whole incident between lani and Ronal that had unfolded earlier today. It seems like there was still gossip between people in that village. There had been those who had watched the interaction between the tshaik and the so-called "outsider". Lani was used to people whispering behind her back. This was not new to her and something she had learned to accept over the years. She knew once tomowari had heard what had unfolded when he was done for, if all the other stuff she had done didn't get her banished from this clan, getting into a disagreement with the tshaik would.

Moat " There is nothing they can punish you for, child"

Lani "Are you sure, grandmother because getting into so-called fighting and disrespecting the tshaik would be bad for all of us. Our family is being judged 24/7, and I'm already on bad terms with the reef navi and my people"

Moat "Oh, forget that you are a teen, and she was the one being rude towards you for walking with her son, she has to know there is nothing wrong with that, and if he decides to choose you as a future mate she will have to accept that"

Lani "How did you accept my mother becoming mates with your son and Jake Sully"

Moat " At first I was upset about the whole matter and confused, then I realized my son was happy with your mom, and there was nothing I or your grandfather could have done about the matter we had accepted the relationship"

Lani " I don't think Ronal will ever accept me even if I do become her som mate, she might find some way to get rid of me"

Moat " Then she will have to get past me, and I outrank her in years of experience and alliances."

Lani " Yes, grandmother"

Moat " You are a better match for the boys than anyone else" lani smiled at her grandma everything seemed to be going well for her at the moment.

Moat " Boys welcome home" lani soon looked up to see her brothers standing there, it seemed like something had happened.

Moat "What the matter"

Neteyam "Lani, we have ...."

Jake "What have you done now young lady?" soon Jake came storming into the house, followed by Neytiro. None of them look happy at the moment.

Lani "Wait, Father I have a good reason"

Jake "It better be good because I was told you got into a fight with the tshaik today, and disrespected her and spoke to her in a very rude attitude."

Lani "Wait, Dad listen to me"

Neytiri "No, young lady you will listen to father and show him the outmost respect"

Jake "What you have done is very immature and disrespectful for yourself, the family, and the clan because you can't act mature."

Lani " dad"

Mo'at " Jake sully if you give your daughter a chance, she can explain herself."

Jake " No she needs to know what she did today was very shameful." the sound of someone clearing their throat had gotten everyone's attention, and the family turned around to see Tonowari looking at the family.

Tonowari:" Hello, sully family I have come over to speak with a specific member of the family"

Jake "Yes, tonowair, and we are sorry for our daughter's behavior, lani is deeply sorry for how she treated your mate"

Tonowari " I came here to speak with lani"

Neytiri "Yes you can speak with her"

Tonowari " I wish to speak with her alone come on lani, it will be good for this conversation only to be heard by us and no one else" lani had gotten up from her sitting position and soon walked towards Tonowair.

Tonowari "Come young lady I most have some words" lani soon nodded her head and soon left the home with tonowari, some navi had spotted tonowari and lani walking together. A few of them giving her glares as she was walking with an olo'eythan and just earlier today she had gotten into a argument with this olo'eythan mate. Lani was wondering what tonowari was going to say to her she was wondering if she was going to get kicked out or something else for her shameful actions.

Lani " olo'eythan tonowari I'm sorry for my actions and words towards your mate and the tshiak today it was, very shameful of me to act this way"

Tonowari " lani"

Lani " yes sir"

Tonowari " I have come here to speak with you and hear your side of the story ... so tell me what happened"

Lani " well I was out walking alone today while your your son Tsireyo found me and asked to join me, so he did and we talked for a while enjoying each other company when ronal had come it seems like she spotted us ... she didn't seem very happy about the matter so she sent Tsireyo to join you and my family for the hunting while we talked"

Tonowari " what else happened"

Lani " well she didn't seem happy about see me and your son alone together and thought it will be bad for his reputation, along with the rest of your family and mines as well ... I don't think she wishes for me to be with your son and I think she has her own reason along with mentioning other stuff as well"

Tonowari " I'm sorry for my mate action towards you young lady"

Lani" it okay sir she was just worried about her son and his future"

Tonowari "yes but ronal need to know we can't always control our kids future and mostly, when it comes to love as well even due we think we can by making this arrangement mostly they will not last"

Lani " ......"

Tonowari " you will not face any punishment for the argument that had happened earlier today, I will speak with your fathers and ronal"

Lani " yes sir"

???? " lani" lani and tonowari soon looked and saw tsireyo coming, it seems like he was in a rush but soon stopped when he saw his father.

Tsireyo " baba hello I came to see lani .... I'm sorry i i interrupted something"

Tonowari" everything okay my boy I was just speaking with lani, and everything seem to be okay at the moment"

Tsireyo " oh yes father"

Tonowari " I will leave you two to talk"

Lani and tsireyo " yes sir" tonowari had nodded his head to said goodbye, to the two teens as the tisreyo had gotten closer lani. Tonowair saw their interaction they seem to have to something special. Tonowair just smiled and walked away from the pair. Lani and tsireyo didn't say anything to each other as they stood there in silence. Lani will soon return home that night not saying a word about her conversation to anyone in the family. It seems like she was making a reputation for herself that was good and bad, but that was based on how the one who heard it which to take the words about her in the end.