➤OP-01 // KEEP_IT_LOCAL

24 NOV 2021 0345

CIA WITH MARINE RAIDERS

[REDACTED]

The repeating winds of the helicopter's twin rotors muffled any conversation within the hull of the aircraft. The holsters and straps that clung to my body jostled through the turbulence as I adjusted my NVGs and set them on top of my helmet, the elastic band holding it in place. Red lights washed over the bodies of my men, like a deadly tell of who will and who won't return home tonight. That won't happen though, it's my job to make sure they all make it home tonight.

The radio system crackled into life, I stood up from my seat at the end of the Osprey and began my march toward the bay door. I silenced their voices with a hand gesture and tapped my headset, motioning for them to listen.

["THIS IS BLACK-EAGLE-ACTUAL, Welcome To Operation Dead Water. An Extremist Group has been stockpiling chemical weapons. This is a Threat to Global Security."]

I stood at the other end, slowly panning my gaze over each of them. Who was too antsy. Who was too spaced out.

["Your task on this operation is to destroy their facility and secure the chemical weapons cache. Your commander on this Op is Ethan Zhou, Callsign: ETA-10. Make sure your night vision is working, it's going to get dark. ETA-10, You have the Comm."]

"This is an Airborne to Ground Assault on a Terrorist-Occupied facility," I shouted over the motors. Each word was enunciated to make sure it was heard. "Intel supports a Convoy that has recently delivered a new batch of chemicals and is currently planning to cook up some nasty shit! Big enough to take out Europe."

I held up four fingers.

"Four Phases: We will be parachuting down directly into the hot zone, not too far off from the objective. Expect to encounter some hired guns." I explained, glancing at the Jumpmaster who prepared the cable line. "Two Teams, Alpha and Beta. Alpha Team will be tasked with securing the perimeter around the encampment and securing our evac. Beta Team you are with me, we will infiltrate the encampment and secure it for the proper hands to manage these chemicals."

I nodded to the Jumpmaster to open the hatch. The thunderous winds flooded the hull almost instantaneously as the red lights flashed for our signal. I stood in between the two lines of Soldiers as one by one they were ushered out, being unclipped from the cable line before they jumped. I planted my foot down and pushed forward, diving off the ramp and following my men. 

It was time for the Hunt.