➤OP-08 // Drinks On Me

Couldn't be soon enough when everyone was gathered outside, my head pounded after Nokk shot me with that sim-round. Sam was giving everyone their evaluation for the training session; things they could work on, focus on, or try to stop doing. "Ethan, try to use a smaller charge of your EMP, full blasting isn't usually the best. Also, your spatial awareness could use some touch-up, I know looking up isn't usually the most common angle but in this field it is."

"Yes, Sir." I nodded, taking the slip of paper from him with my grading on it.

"You're all dismissed, get some rest," Sam exclaimed, taking a seat at his outdoor desk and typing away on his laptop.

"Not bad," Buck walked by, giving me a playful punch against my shoulder. Though, Lion on the other hand as he walked by shoved past me with a glare.

"What's his problem," I asked, looking at the others.

"That's just how Oliver is, a lot of people don't get along with him," Tina explained. "Especially Doc. Those two are at each other's throats sometimes."

"Any reason why?"

"Doc's a humanitarian, he believes that every life can be saved...Oliver is on the other end of that spectrum, something happened in 2015 between the two..." She added. "Though I wouldn't dwell too deep on it, he's just salty that a new guy beat him." She patted my shoulder with a brief smile. "So, what're doing later?"

"I still need to move most of my stuff into my room, I don't know who I'm sharing with but Harry thinks we'll be fine roommates," I answered with a shrug. "Why, what's up?"

"Me and some of the others are gonna be playing Pool at a local pub if you're trying to join us?"

I tapped my chin, "I'll about it, hopefully, it shouldn't take long to set up."

"Great, I'll have Sebastian send you the address," Tina flipped me some finger guns before walking off. "Nice working with you!"

"Yeah yeah, you too," I waved her off and turned around only to jump back startled, Nokk was staring at me. Well, I think staring as her veil covered her face, but what gave it away was her standing unreasonably close. "Are...You alright?"

"You're making friends pretty fast," Nokk pointed out. "Have you found out your roommate yet?"

"Yes, and No," I answered both questions. "You wanna come along to find out?"

She checked her watch, "I got nothing better going on."

"Alright, c'mon then," I nodded for her to follow along, and we followed where the other operators went back to the lockers. Dropping off my gear and dressing down to a tee shirt and cargo pants, I carried a duffle bag with some normal clothes.

"Is that all you own?" She asked, almost condescending, hopefully, she didn't mean anything by it.

"Most of my stuff was still in my parent's home back in Manhattan, if things go well for the next couple of months then I'll ask them to ship over more of my belongings," I explained. Together we walked back into the Barracks where most of the Operators in Rainbow lived, it contained a few of the maintenance staff for emergency repairs.

Harry was already there waiting for me, a key dangling in his hand. "Don't cause trouble, I don't want to hire an RA for my team of elite soldiers." He advised. I feel like he was half joking, but I still took the key and he walked off.

"024?" I squinted my eyes trying to read the metal indents. Nokk nodded and led me through the barracks, showing me where her room was first and dropping me off at mine. "Let's hope its someone good."