➤OP-03 // CAPTURED

Fuck...What the hell happened? I tried to move only to find my limbs bound by rope. I was tied down to a chair, a bag placed on top of my head. Unless I lost a few pounds while unconscious, I was noticeably stripped of most of my gear, but whoever my captors were had the common decency to leave my clothes on.

The room echoed. Concrete? Underground. A basement. Somewhere, but I don't know. As I kept struggling I eventually heard a voice speak up. "Quit moving, you're going to alert the guards..." Her voice whispered from behind me.

"What's happening?" I took her advice and calmed down. "Besides the obvious thing at the moment."

"We're being held hostage by White Masks," She explained, "They're going to use us for ransom to barter the governments...Well, that's what I overheard."

I sucked my teeth, "Not much to work with now...what's your name?"

"Classified."

"Alright, hm, callsign?"

"Is this the best time to play twenty questions?" She remarked with an annoyed tone. I was not helping the situation, but a bored mind would wander. I backed off and focused on myself– "Nokk"

"Say-again?"

"Nokk, thats what you can call me." She answered.

I repeated the name a couple of times to get it familiar, "that's a nice name."

"...Thanks."

"I'm ETA-10, that's my callsign," I returned an answer for her, hearing a small sound of approval from her. We sat in tense silence, I strained my ears trying to hear more around us. Any clue that would get us a chance of freedom. Come on...Give me something...

The sound of engines, cars driving by. Not the heavy-duty army kind either, we had to be in a city.

Minutes stretched into hours, marked only by the occasional shuffle of footsteps outside our makeshift prison. My mind raced with possibilities – escape plans, potential allies, ways to outsmart our captors. But each idea was quickly quashed by the reality of our predicament. We were outnumbered, outgunned, and at the mercy of the White Masks.

Suddenly the door creaked open, the sound of metal against metal, following after were footsteps that entered the room. Heavy and conscious of each step. My heart pounded as the adrenaline kicked through me.

The bags off our heads were yanked off. The sudden light blinded me. Blinking rapidly, I squinted at the figure that loomed over me, his face masked by...well a white mask. "Heretics...All of you!" He hissed behind his mask, gripping my face with his grimy hand and forcing eye contact.

His eyes were insane. Shaking. A fucking madman if I've ever seen one.

"A rabid dog that needs to be put down..." I spat on his mask, earning a swift right hook across my face.

He marched around me, I could hear a small yelp from behind me. "And you...A filthy rainbow that stains the purity of the white!" He hissed. "You'll give me nothing but answers, or you'll be granted a swift death."

"I'll never talk..." She grunted a struggle could be heard behind me.

"So be it..." I watched one of the guards walk over, hearing him flip the safety off their gun. I couldn't just sit here and listen to someone, hopefully good, die.

"I'm a rainbow too!" I blurted out without thought. I heard him drop her and march back around to me. "I'll talk."

"A good sheep knows when to bend to the wolves..." He caressed my cheek, sending an uneasy shiver down my spine. I felt the barrel of the gun pressed against the side of my neck. "Talk."

"My name is Shang Zhou," I gave them my father's name. "I work for the CIA, I'll give you info as long as you promise to leave'er alone."

"You're in no room to negotiate," he planted a knife between my legs, missing my crotch and stabbing the chair.

"And I have American secrets, so its one or the other."

He let a low growl escape his mouth before backing off, "I'll think about it..." He replied, motioning for his guards to follow. Leaving Nokk and I alone in the room.

"You're not apart of Rainbow." She corrected me.

"Nope, but how would you know anyway?" I remarked, with a slight smug look on my face.

"Because I'm a part of Rainbow, dumbass." She admitted. Just then, everything started to click. The multi-uniformed soldiers, the whole 'rainbow' speech, and...That's about it. "You shouldn't have done that, nows he's going to be hounding the both of us."

"That's not how I roll, and that lone wolf shit gets people killed y'know." I said, glancing at her as I bounced the chair to move around. "And it's usually the wolf that gets killed."

"That supposed to make me feel sorry?"

"No, it's just food for thought. I thought Team Rainbow was all about teamwork and all that stuff." I remembered the ads about the multi-nation effort against Terrorism, spread out the office. I let out a sigh as I took in her features: pale skin, short black hair, and smudged black makeup.

She took notice of me staring, "What are you looking at?"

"You kinda look like how your name sounds," That ticked her off if she wasn't already.

"Do you know what a nøkk is?" She asked with an annoyed expression.

A smug smile on my face, "Nah, just going off my interpretation." Anything to take our mind off our shitty situation was better than thinking about it. Who knows how long till help would arrive.