➤OP-06 // RECALIBRATING

A lot of paperwork would be spread across a couple of days while I stayed in Hereford, who knew joining a U.N. Organization like this would need that much? I was given a cot in one of the lockers while my papers were being processed to allow for me to have proper residence on base.

From what I remember, Operators with higher seniority or heads of specific departments usually had quarters of their own to manage their own assignments while general operators usually shared a room – up to four. However operators can usually request accommodations for their varying needs.

I scrolled away on my phone as time passed by, I couldn't do much without proper authorization on base anyway. A voice spoke from the doorframe, "So, new guy, eh?"

Looking up a I spotted a fairly short man with orange hair and an impressive mustache. He spoke with a heavy Australian accent. He leaned against the wire walls of the locker.

"Yeah, guess you can call me that," I shuffled up, brushing off the dust. "Name's Ethan."

He chuckled and shook my hand firmly. "Max 'Mozzie' Goose," he introduced himself. "Welcome to the madhouse, mate."

"Can't wait to get to do something here, been sitting on safety for a while," I chuckled. "It's an honor to be there though, really."

Max leaned in further, pressing his shades against the wire. "One piece of advice, mate. Watch out for the quiet ones...They're the ones with a stick shoved up their ass!" He cackled. "Don't piss'em off, especially Caviera!"

"I'll keep that in mind," I nodded with a smile. "Thanks."

He grinned and gave me a wink, "Anytime, mate. If you ever need a drink me and Tori snuck some booze in under Harry's nose. West side of the base, the garage!" He shouted the last part as he jogged off to deal with his own business.

Maybe trying to make some friends wouldn't be such a bad idea. I pulled the door to the locker and left the warehouse, my first stop was the Cafeteria.

It was late in the day, and most of the operators from what I knew were in their rooms or doing some other activity that didn't involve spending money outside of the base. The cafeteria was quiet, populated by a spread of staff, groundskeepers, and a few operators. This would be a decent start, maybe some friendly faces- "Well look who it is."

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Turning around I spotted the obnoxious, suit-wearing, mustache flaunting: "Collinn, fucking, McKinley." I groaned. "Thought you were busy riding the president's dick?"

"Shouldn't you be killing some country's leader?" He remarked. Collinn stepped closer and held out his hand to which I returned the gesture with a firm handshake. "Good to see you, how've you been?"

"Being captured and held hostage for one, really makes you appreciate having a clock." I chuckled, patting his shoulder. "How long you've been here?"

"Five years, roughly. But who's counting." He smugly answered, "Say, why don't we head down to the range and catch up?"

"I wouldn't be opposed, but I'm trying to meet some new people, ya know?" I replied, giving a shrug. Collin was a good person, a little egotistical, but I guess saving the president gives you bragging rights. "I'd need to collect my gear first if you don't mind?"

"Of course, take your time." Collin patted my shoulder and walked off. "See you around, Zhou!"

"Right back at ya, McKinely." I gave a two-fingered salute and headed off toward the armory.

Walking down the hallway, I took a turn opposite the direction he went. I ended up passing by the senior operator offices: Thatcher, Doc, Ash, Tachanka, and Bandit. Those four were part of the founding CTUs of Rainbow from what I've been told. Some weren't necessarily the oldest on their team but the teams saw them as leaders.

Ash was essentially Harry's field commander, she headed most of the Operations and recruiting processes. She's seen a lot but she holds herself to a high standard from what I've overheard. That and she has had problems with Eleana in the past.

While I was walking I spotted a familiar veiled face, "Nokk?"

"ETA-10, I assume you made the decision to join us?"

"Yeah, wasn't that hard of a decision though."

"That's good to hear, hope things have been treating you nicely."

I crossed my arms with a shrug, "Things have been slow, I haven't gotten an actual room yet. So there's that..."

"Interesting, well I hope things get better, I have things to finish." She waved before heading off. I watched her march away before continuing my path to the armory, only to be interrupted by the speaker system.

["FOLLOWING OPERATORS GATHER AT TRAINING FIELD FOR KILLHOUSE SIMULATION: THATCHER, FROST, BUCK, WARDEN, LION, THERMITE, MOZZIE, NOKK, MAESTRO, AND ETA-10."]

"Looks like I'm getting a little more familiar with my co-workers," I muttered as I jogged toward the armory to gear up before the simulation.