➤OP-02 // HUNTING_PARTY

The snow crunched under my feet as we landed on the ground. I pulled down my NVGs and spotted my men. We quickly packed our parachutes back into their bags and hid them underneath the snow. I flipped the safety off on my ACR and motioned for everyone to start moving. "Keep this on a tight loop, they might be moving the gas tonight..." I instructed.

"What're the chances we run into the people running this whole thing?" "Fat chance. No big wig would be caught dead out here."

We moved into the forest line, the harsh winds biting against any exposed skin. "Heads up." One of the Marines warned as he took a knee, motioning for us to slow down. Up ahead, two hired guns were seen speaking Russian. "Hearing Two."

"No Uniforms," Another soldier voiced. I took notice of it too, they wore simple grey coats or work jackets. But most notably were White Masks covering their faces. "Two'em"

The two hired guns approached us unknowingly, searching with their flashlights. They talked between themselves. As they got closer, I aimed down the sights of my rifle, the weight of my trigger pressing against my finger. "Take'em," I ordered, taking them down in an instant. "Clear."

We pushed forward through the snow, "Post up on the ridge and get a lay of the line." I tapped back into the comm and opened the line to Alpha Team: "ETA-10 to Alpha, Status report..."

["Copy ETA-10, facility perimeter is secure, ready for orders."]

I pushed up my goggles and held up a pair of binoculars in their place. I let a puff of air escape my mouth as I surveyed the facility. It was a fairly large compound with Terrorists patrolling around almost every corner. "One in the left Tower, no army uniform."

Looking around I scanned over the front gate of the facility, trucks, and jeeps driving in and out with who knows what in their cargo. I spotted an area of the fencing that was the least protected. "South East, on the corner, the fencing is unguarded."

"Copy, checkpoint. That's an entry," A Marine pointed to the convoy of trucks entering. "Patrol vehicles, contractors."

"Security. Good Targets." I mumbled under my breath, handing the binoculars back to their owner. I pulled back down my NVGs. "No military presence, report it to Home base." I opened my comms and spoke into it, "ETA-10 to Black-Eagle-Actual, compound in sight, permission to proceed."

["Permission Granted. Weapons Free."]

"Understood," I reported the info back to my men before we pushed our way downhill. We snuck through the tree line, watching our step from the patrolling spotlights and loaded guns. Stacking up against the fence, cutting a small entryway with a bolt-cutter. "Hold up, three guards ahead. Let'em approach."

One by one we shuffled through the hole in the fence, I held point as the guards walked by. "You know the mission, search and destroy." I reminded them before splitting off into pairs. I walked with a soldier who was on the younger end of the team.

We marched through the shadows of the compound, a valley of death awaited us with one wrong move. I moved up the steps to a field office trailer, "Doorway, stack up." I ordered. I felt the pat on my shoulder and cracked the door open as he tossed in a flashbang. "Stay sharp, we're blind on this breach."

BOOM.

I kicked the door open within seconds after the flashbang detonation. Two terrorists. Clean kills. Not too quiet though as an airhorn could be heard from one of the guard towers. "Shit..." I hissed as I stomped the hand of one of the terrorists. Finishing the kill with a shot to the head.

Suddenly, bullets ripped through the sheet metal walls on a course straight for us. "Get down!" I screamed as I dived behind the desk, unfortunately, the young man was too far off. His body burst with mists of red.

I crawled as far as I could and dragged his body behind cover, "Contact- Man down!" I shouted into the radio. Taking a deep breath, I checked the pulse of the soldier. Dead. Fuck. I collected his dog tag before reaching to my shoulder strap, pressing down on a device as it created an electronic charge-up noise. "Lights out!" I released the charge and from the device, an EMP pulse detonated – knocking out every light and electronic in the compound.

I shoved open the door and sprinted across the open field. Diving as a wave of bullets ripped over my head, twisting my body and returned fire at the tower. "Eat Shit!" I pushed myself back and got up.

I forced my way through another field office, using my handgun to blast my way through. I gotta keep moving. Can't stay still. Two minutes till the lights are back up. The chemicals were on the south side of the compound, two more buildings. I don't know where my men are, dead or captured, I have a job to finish.

I pressed my body against the side of a door as another white mask rushed through, I wrapped my arm around his neck and slammed my knife into his back multiple times. The body collapsed with a nice thud.

"Chemicals should be here..." I mumbled as I reached a locked door. I tapped my comms, hoping for a return signal. Nothing. I was alone. Should've been more careful about that EMP blast. Nevertheless, the mission goes on.

I let my rifle drop with the sling and carried my sidearm as I entered. A fairly large warehouse, claustrophobic to say the least. It felt like these shelves could come down on me at any moment. Treading carefully, I aimed down the iron sights and watched the path in front of me. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something running by, spinning toward it and bullets ripped past my body and tore through one of my sleeves.

I slid behind some crates as bullets came down from above. I ripped open a velcro pouch, pulled out a Nitrocell block, and hurled it up at them.

The warehouse rattled as the explosion went off. Throwing dust all over the room. At the same time, the power returned to the compound, flickering the lights back into life. I pushed up my NVGs and inspected the scene.

I tapped my comms again, "ETA-10 to Black-Eagle-Actual, do you copy?"

["Copy, ETA-10. What do you need?"]

"I'm about to intercept the chemicals, stay on the line for updates."

["Understood, ETA-10. Waiting for report."]

I checked the ammo in my guns before moving on. There was one more door in the way of finishing the job, cautiously I approached it and cracked it open. Watching my step for any traps.

The room was pitch black, luckily I was able to find the light switch. Flipping the lights on I was able to find five trucks backed up into the room. "Cargobay, jackpot," I smirked under my mask as I pulled open the first trailer doors. "Black-Eagle-Actual, we got PID on Chemicals, going to inspect other trailers."

["Understood, ETA-10. I'll have evac en route. Status on Alpha and Beta team?"]

"Alpha team is presumed KIA, I haven't been able to contact Beta team." I answered opening the other trailers one by one. Confirm. Confirm. Confirm.

Finally, the last trailer. I had a bit more trouble getting this one open as it was locked via chain and lock. "Saw this on locksmith once," I remembered as I picked up a fairly big piece of concrete and slammed it against the padlock – shattering it. In one last puff of strength, I pulled open the trailer doors expecting to find the last of the chemicals.

To my surprise and confusion, I found a small team of soldiers in varying uniforms. A few of them were unconscious, and none of them were my men. "ETA-10 to Black-Eagle-Actual, change of plans, we got hostages on site," I reported.

They were gagged, via rags, one of them was panicking as I stepped in. I kneeled to her and used my knife to cut the gag off.

"Behind You!" She coughed out in a panic. Unfortunately, she was right as I felt a blunt force hit the side of my head. Slamming my body against the side of the trailer.

My vision faded in and out. A heavily armed soldier, wearing the same mask of the terrorists. "Fuck..." I gasped out as I was fully knocked out.