Shadow of Life and Destiny

Author's Notes:

I literally have no idea why this one took so long to write🫠
My Bennett has around 800 damage, terrible crit rate and damage, but somehow still does 10k😀(Genshit)

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

At least he wasn't in the abyss anymore. Instead, he was back in Ronin's pawn shop back in Stiix.

It brought back way too many uncomfortable memories that made the back of his neck tingle, but he knew it was a dream of some sort and that it wouldn't be too big of a deal.

"Wouldn't be too big of a deal?" A high-pitched voice echoed. Lloyd shivered from a sudden chill. The voice sounded muffled like it was underwater. "Well, surely, I must be more than that!"

"Who are you?" Lloyd called out. His voice was distorted as well.

"Forgotten me already?" The voice sounded offended. "Has it already been that long since I had Morro go after you?"

There was the name. Lloyd's eyes widened and he took a step back. His hands started shaking and his legs felt like jelly.

"The Preeminent?" Lloyd's voice was shaking, too. "But how? I thought we killed you!"

A small, faintly glowing, green octopus floated into view as if the air was water.

"You drowned me," The octopus pulsed as she spoke. "You didn't kill me. There's a difference."

"But if—mpff!" Lloyd started but cold tentacles covered his mouth and bound his arms behind his back.

The tentacles weren't a part of the Preeminent's body and had suction cups on them; something that the tentacles of the Preeminent's large body didn't. The tentacles pulled him down and he grunted when he hit the floor. More tentacles wrapped around his legs, and as much as he kicked and thrashed against them, they wrapped around his legs and tightened themselves until he couldn't feel the lower half of his legs.

"Here's the thing about the coalescence," the Preeminent said. "As the realms cross over each other, I also cross over to the living. My people will be able to relive their lives! Like that Beatricious girl. Poor thing. She killed herself because she couldn't bear the weight of her sister dying. But here's the thing. Once all my people are back to life, I'll also cross over and live once again! I'll be able to get revenge on those who made me the queen of the departed!"

Her body shifted from a small octopus to a beautiful, noble lady who looked like she came straight out of a drama on TV. But instead of being adorned in golden silks, her robes were a murky green and ripped all over the place. She had a burn scar that crossed her eyes, contrasting against her pale glowing skin. Her clothes and long black hair floated through the air as if she was underwater.

Perhaps she was still underwater. Perhaps her spirit is still under Stiix, trapped forever. But still, the Preeminent was a ghost, so contact with water should at least harm her!

As he struggled against his bonds, he couldn't help but get a feeling of déjà vu.

"Oh, Lloydie," the Preeminent giggled and brought a hand to her smiling mouth. "just like the old times, isn't it? Morro bringing you here and me dragging you into my realm."

Lloyd's eyes widened.

Morro is here? Lloyd panicked. Where is he?! He can't be here! Nonononono not again! Please, anyone but him!

If he was struggling before, he was making a storm now. He thrashed and flailed about, but the tentacles only got tighter.

Another tentacle wrapped around his neck and squeezed. Lloyd stopped his struggles to try and get air. His struggling continued, even as the tentacle around his neck cut off his air supply.