The Crystalian Revolution

Author's Notes:  

TW: MENTIONS OF R@PE. DON'T READ IF IT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE.

5.8k words. whoops.

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

Two months later:

It was nighttime, the moon barely there, accompanied by an entire blanket of stars. There was a cool breeze, so I was thankful for the jacket that Aunt Eva had provided me. Although the wind was perfect company with the stars, my mind was too preoccupied to admire the shining sky.

Answers. I needed answers. To so many questions, many of which I don't even know the words to convey them.

I groaned as I sat down on the cool grass to rub my temples.

When am I going to get all the answers I need?

"What's got you all depressed?" I jumped when Chamille plopped down on my left. "Was it something that Pixie Stick said? Don't worry about her—she doesn't mean everything she says."

"It's not that," I said quickly, trying to peel my eyes off her. Holyshitsincewhensidshelooksohotwithlonghair? "It's just that I have a lot of questions." When she looked at me, I quickly looked away and at the sky.

Chamille hummed and stared up. "Penny for your thoughts?"

I sighed. "How did it get to this?"

"What do you mean by that?" Chamille laid down, and I winced, imagining the prickly feeling of the grass on my back.

"I mean," I tried finding the words to say, "all of this? The pink sky in the middle of the day, the split sky, waking up in a different area—"

"Woah, woah, woah," Chamille interrupted and shot back up into a sitting position. "Pink sky? In the middle of the day?

"Uh...yeah," I said slowly while Chamille looked at me like I had two heads. "Everyone saw it. Smack in the middle of Ninjago City. Were you not awake?"

"I was very much awake, but I was nowhere near the city."

I frowned. "Then how did you end up here?"

Chamille opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "I—I don't know," she finally mumbled out. "I was in a thick forest, running from something—I don't remember what. All of a sudden, the trees stopped being a light shade of brown and green and started being a dark brown and a slightly glowing blue. There were also small flowers dotting the trunks, scattered among the leaves, and drizzled among the glowing blue grass.

"Curiosity kills the cat, and, stupidly, I thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to go exploring. Pixie Stick found me wandering around, and brought me to her house, grumbling about something all the way. That's how I met Trixie. Audie tried to flirt with me, but I'm pretty sure I just ignored him," she chuckled. "Now that I think about it, I feel bad for the guy."

"How long were you here for?" I asked, plucking a few strands of grass and blowing it away.

"Around five months? Including the time you were here."

"Then that means that you woke up earlier than me," I said, trying to put that information to use. "If you woke up earlier than me and also didn't float into the sky, then something must be—"

"Do you still like Kai?" Chamille interrupted, placing a hand on mine. My heart rate skyrocketed, and my face was on fire. Thank FSM that it was too dark to see much.