Skylor's Bar

Author's Notes:

Google says that Arin and Sora are around six, but I'm gonna make it so the merge happened when they were around 12 and so they're currently 14 or smthing.

Me: *tries to write waiter*
Autocorrect: Hmmm...Ah yes. They're trying to write "way tree"

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

After Sora had whipped up a small basket that could carry Blue, the three of them entered the Crossroads. Lloyd had made sure that he brought money to pay for the meal. Lloyd carried Blue's basket and also made sure to stay a few steps behind Arin and Sora so it didn't seem like he was a part of their group and they wouldn't need to do any complicated explaining.

Although it was night, the city seemed even busier than normal. He wrinkled his nose as he was bombarded with scents that he hadn't recognized before.

As he let the kids lead him to wherever they wanted to go, Lloyd wondered why things smelled different. It wasn't a good difference, but it wasn't too bad. He also thought about his enhanced senses.

Is it just me? He thought. Is it part of becoming a monster? Do I get my senses enhanced just because I'm part oni and dragon? Do Master Wu and Dad have enhanced senses, too? Also, what's wrong with my brain? Why am I getting all these scenes in my mind? Oh FSM. I'm going insane, aren't I? I knew I shouldn't have taken that extra nap three months ago on Tuesday.

They came to a stop and Lloyd looked up.

The word "Skylor's Noodle House" was glowing in bright colors, and the actual restaurant looked very similar to the one that was in Ninjago City. There were also many people sitting in the booths.

Lloyd's heart skipped a beat. If Skylor's Noodle House was here, then that meant that Skylor could also be here! But why hadn't he noticed it was here earlier?

"People say that the person who owns this stole the recipes from Skylor, but we know them and the rumors aren't true. And even if they didn't want to eat here, it smells too good for them to resist." Sora explained as she pushed the glass doors open for them to enter.

He remembered when he had brought Kai, Jay, and Cole into the noodle house before the Tournament of Elements to scold them about their actions. Everything smelled mostly the same, and that's what almost brought Lloyd to tears. Almost. He couldn't cry in public. He was not weak.

People were chattering and laughing amongst each other as they ate their food. It seemed that not even a single table had any hint of negative energy.

He inwardly flinched when the table in the corner cheered a little too loudly. Maybe they just needed to tone down the happiness level. Wait, no. Let them do whatever they want. His wants don't matter.

"Welcome to Skylor's Noodle House; how may I help you?" A man with purple and blue hair asked. He was wearing long black pants and a black apron with straws, pens, notepads, and crayon packs in his pockets.

"Table for three, somewhere in the back? If you have space, of course." Arin said. Something seemed to spark in the man's eyes, and he pulled out a tablet and started tapping on the screen.

"Alright, follow me." The man led them to a curtain that was well hidden in a wall. It was a tunnel that led down and was dimly lit by lamps that were glowing orange in color.

Lloyd narrowed his eyes and his hand reached back for his sword. Even if Arin and Sora seemed completely fine with this, he was not in the mood to get jumped, thank you very much.

The tunnel led them deep underground, and they walked for five minutes before the ground started sloping up. Something about this man seemed off. Even though Arin and Sora didn't say anything, Lloyd noticed how their shoulders tightened in hesitation and how their footsteps slowed by a fraction.