Boundless

Author's Notes:

Karen from the new Mean Girls is such a mood.  

I rewatched Roots from Crystalized and I'm crying bc they put Sally's song at the end and my heart just combusted

Fluff and ENTIRELY PLATONIC—NO ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP EXCEPT BETWEEN SKYLOR AND CHAMILLE. 

I rushed to finish this I apologize if it isn't great. 

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

When Lloyd finally woke up, his hearing was muffled and he couldn't open his eyes quite yet.

Was I dreaming just now? Lloyd groaned softly as he tried to gain control of his body. Why was that dragon so big? Firstbourne wasn't that large.

"...Lloyd...? ...awake...?" A familiar voice asked quietly. Arin? But why did he sound so distant?

"Arin?" Lloyd mumbled. His throat felt crazy dry and his lips were stuck together. He opened an eye to see a blurry figure with black hair and an orange hoodie. He didn't look that far. "That you?"

His vision cleared and he realized he was in a plain room with wooden walls and a few bookshelves crammed with books of different colors and sizes. There were lights strung across the walls and were the only source of light but lit the room up adequately.

The figure was startled for a moment like he wasn't expecting Lloyd to say anything.

He called for someone, but Lloyd was too tired to care who it was. His right arm hurt like someone had taken a thin sheet of paper and made cuts all over his arm. He tried to remember how he got there.

Oh. That's right.

His arm got hit by one of those weird glowy swords and he was hit by a draining net.

There was shuffling as someone entered the room and Arin stood up to allow whoever entered to get closer to the bed he was lying on. He opened his eyes back and saw Skylor standing over him.

"Lloyd? Can you hear me?" Skylor asked.

Wow. That was much clearer than before.

Lloyd slowly nodded and mimed drinking water. Each breath he took scratched against his throat painfully and he tried his best to take shallow breaths.

Skylor and Arin left the room with Skylor returning with a pitcher and a glass of water after a short time. Arin didn't follow her in.

She helped him sit up and handed him the water which he graciously gulped down.

"Are you okay?" Skylor asked after the last drop of water was swallowed down.

"Other than having my arm stabbed and whatever the hell that draining net did," Lloyd shivered, "I'm perfectly fine."

Skylor's eyes only seemed to show her concern even more. Lloyd turned away and stared down at his hands, knowing the exact question on his mind. He realized he was wearing a plain white shirt and black sweats with his regular uniform nowhere to be seen.

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?" Skylor took the cup from his hands and refilled it before placing it on the bedside drawer. "No fatigue, sleepiness, aches and pains, nothing?"

Lloyd was dumbfounded for a second before quickly regaining his composure. "Oh—n-no. Nothing yet at least. The pain's mostly gone."

That wasn't what he was expecting to hear.

"Were you expecting me to say something else?" Skylor crossed her legs and raised an eyebrow.

"Nope!" Lloyd said quickly. Maybe a little too quickly.