The Three Mountains (II)

Author's Notes:

GUESS WHAT CHAT!!! S2 OF DR IS OUUUUUTTTT

I had the craziest idea on April Fools where I would post a note saying that I was abandoning this fic--

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

Riyu? Lloyd wondered as he looked down to where the small dragon was hiding behind his legs. Is that his name?

"Bringing the enemy into our territory—"

"Enemy?" Sora replied hotly. "Well, excuse you, but I don't think you know what we've done for Bl-Riyu!"

"Not you," she said. She lowered her head down to Lloyd's level. Her eyes glowed brighter. "This monster."

Lloyd took a step back and averted his gaze. Well, gee. Thanks for the update.

"Hey!" Arin ran up to Lloyd's side. "Lloyd is anything but a monster! They are the monsters!" Arin pointed off to the side where dozens of flying ships were chasing after dragons and shooting their draining ropes at them. "Wait! How'd they even get here?!"

Lloyd did a double-take. "Oh come on! We just fought them! What are they even made out of?!"

"Riyu, do you understand the peril that you've brought upon us? Not only did you bring hunters, but you brought others as well?"

"We were only trying to—" Lloyd began.

"Silence!" The Dragon Matriarch raised herself to her full height. "You are not to speak unless permitted to, do you understand me, monster?"

There was a crash as two Claws pulled down a dragon.

"We need to stop them before they hurt any more dragons!" Sora cried. The four of them started to make their way over to the nearest one but were blocked by a large wing.

"And how do I know that you won't just join the hunters?" The dragon glared at them.

"That's the thing, you won't," Arin said and turned to face her. "You just have to take the chance. But we will not disappoint."

The Dragon Matriarch eyed them but said nothing. Riyu trilled at her which only aggravated her.

"You are a young dragon, and know nothing of this world, Riyu," she said sharply. "Don't interfere with them. They are the cause behind everything that has happened."

"May I speak?" Lloyd asked.

The dragon eyed him momentarily before saying, "Go ahead."

Lloyd took a deep breath. "The people chasing down your kind are called the Claws of Imperium, and we saved Riyu from them. And now, we want to help save your family."

The Dragon Matriarch did nothing but growl for a few seconds, but eventually closed her eyes and sighed. "Fine. But one wrong move and we are turning against you too."

Arin beamed, Lloyd let out a breath, Sora smiled and Riyu jumped up and down.

"Thank you! We won't let you down!"

~✦ ✧ ✦ ✧~

Sora and Riyu went one way while Lloyd and Arin took a detour to the Shadow to get his grappling hook before leaving. The Dragon Matriarch flew off to help her family.

"Take this!" Arin yelled and spinjitzued at one of the Claws, but missed and crashed into one of the nearby trees. The Claw was noticeably surprised at this and rammed into a large branch.